Vegas: Gase 2nd Most Likely Coach To Be Fired | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas: Gase 2nd Most Likely Coach To Be Fired

How does Marvin Lewis keep his job? Talented team on paper that repeatedly under achieves
Because Mike Brown is the owner and general manager. The Bengals team is his only asset so he tries maximize its profits. The most profitable Bengal team is one that 1) spends only as much money on players as the CBA requires, 2) generally has a winning record, 3) make the playoff fairly often, but 4) never gets to or wins a Super Bowl. Keeps the fan interest up (Wait until next year!) and player salary demands down (You're no Super Bowl champs!). Lewis making the playoff and losing the first game was great for Brown. Now if Lewis keeps losing every year like the past couple, then he will be fired.

But betting on Marvin Lewis being the first fired is a sucker's bet. Mike Brown hate paying anyone for not working. Lewis will eventually be fired at the end of a season after his contract expires.

Tannehill has missed 20 games now because of his injury.

If Tannehill misses a giant portion of the season again due to his knee this whole regime should get canned. That's what Vegas is predicting by the looks of it.

Pretty much.

If the rust lingers longer, if he gets reinjured or he just takes several steps backwards . . . .Vegas thinks it’s gonna fall apart and everybody gets canned.

No QB drafted, QB gone for nearly 2 years, 2 pro bowlers gone and a highly known center, plus Ajayi not here . . . Nobody thinks Kilgore, Spence, amendola, wilson and gore makes up for that (except Dolfans of course).

It definitely makes sense

But personally I wouldn’t touch this bet.

If Tannehill goes down early, or has a horrible season then this could happen. More likely is if we struggle this year Mike T gets fired, and Grier and Gase get 1 more season. Don’t under estimate how mad Ross was at the Suh fiasco, and draft night. We have never heard of him meddling before, and he went public. If we get embarrassed this year I wouldn’t put anything past him.

Pretty much.

If the rust lingers longer, if he gets reinjured or he just takes several steps backwards . . . .Vegas thinks it’s gonna fall apart and everybody gets canned.

No QB drafted, QB gone for nearly 2 years, 2 pro bowlers gone and a highly known center, plus Ajayi not here . . . Nobody thinks Kilgore, Spence, amendola, wilson and gore makes up for that (except Dolfans of course).

It definitely makes sense

But personally I wouldn’t touch this bet.

I wouldn't touch this bet either personally. Vegas seems to think Tannehill's knee is being held together by bubble gum and paperclips apparently.

I think Garrett is at risk if the Cowboys miss the playoffs again.

I wouldn't touch this bet either personally. Vegas seems to think Tannehill's knee is being held together by bubble gum and paperclips apparently.

Tannehill has missed 20 games now because of his injury.

If Tannehill misses a giant portion of the season again due to his knee this whole regime should get canned. That's what Vegas is predicting by the looks of it.

Recycling your own agenda I see. Don't bother, it's trash.

NOT a chance. Well, I guess a slight chance with a 0-8 start.

Gase, from second most likely coach to be fired, to coach of the year candidate. :thumbsup

I would agree with questioning RT's health if there were reports of setbacks or complications in his rehab but there haven't been any. he has been on(ahead of) schedule since August and by all accounts looks healthy and ready.

I would agree with questioning RT's health if there were reports of setbacks or complications in his rehab but there haven't been any. he has been on(ahead of) schedule since August and by all accounts looks healthy and ready.

You know he's chomping at the bit to get back onto the field and I am sure he's worked his tail off to get back to where he was. These next 5 weeks should do wonders for him before TC. I am sure he's going to work with the WR's regularly but I am hoping he gets some major rest too.

If Tannehill sucks or gets hurt or if we lose more than 9 games this year, I could definitely see it.

Back
Top Bottom