Vegas Is Aiming Both Barrels At Gase And The Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dougb123, Jun 11, 2018.

1. dougb123

dougb123 Active Member

Vegas Doubles Down On Disaster… Bets Gase Gets Fired

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-vegas-doubles-down-on-disaster-bets-gase-gets-fired/

The bookmaker software is about as low on the Dolphins chances for success this season as they were in 2016. Why can’t he do it again with an even better overall roster? These Vegas predictions strike at the heart of the team: The Head Coach. They are saying Gase just isn’t good enough to get these players to step up. They are predicting that Gase has a good chance to get fired or be forced to resign before the season ends.

No love from Vegas - none at all, I just have a hard time seeing were going to be as bad as they say we are....I think we win more games than we lose. We need to get off to a fast start....he needs to script 20-25 winning plays... no more slow starts let feel them out.

2. randomname

randomname A True Fan

Damn, I was hoping you could bet against him being fired. That would be easy money with Ross here.

3. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

As my CNA would say, "you stupid" Vegas…

4. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

In June, does it really matter? Are we in the dog days of training camp? Are we in the midst of a crucial road game in December?

5. dougb123

dougb123 Active Member

First time I've seen that site, nicely done site (means money)...everything on that site seems to be geared to placing bets on the Dolphins..

Has good information - content nice even if it's geared to getting you to place a bet -
    Miami Dolphins News written for and by Phins fans! - hmmm not sure that's accurate
    reporter Jimmy Bourbon that's got to be alias

Seems like it's been around a while - I must live a sheltered life or life in a shell

6. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Well Vegas has inside info....problem is it’s Omar kelly. Place your bets folks. Easy money imo.

crumpdaddy, sunworshipper and joenhre like this.
  7. jnozag

jnozag Well-Known Member

If we are in the lower third for offense this year, I'd welcome the change. Since he's an offensive guru and we've had supbar offenses since his arrival, it's really his last chance.

If the offense is decent but we still miss the playoffs, I think he'll get one more chance.

8. srp1979

srp1979 Well-Known Member Donator

Can't say I blame them.

thefieds and BahamaFinFan78 like this.
  9. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Sounds like a lot of hyperbole to me. Take "I’m not talking Super Bowl or bust, but nothing short of 9 wins is acceptable." I doubt that's true. Or "2018 is ‘win or go home.’ N-n-n-n-o-p-e. Don't see that at all. I suspect 6 wins is good enough if there are signs of progress in the last 10 games. And I find it interesting oddsmakers have Miami winning 5 or less but "nothing short of 9 wins is acceptable." Click bait

10. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

$$$$ Well, there is a huge bet I need to make, and I hate betting. $$$$

11. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe FinHeaven VIP

I am not a fan of Gase by any means but I am certainly not hoping for that to happen, I don’t want to start over again!

I am rooting for Gase to prove Vegas and myself wrong!

13. Michigan Mike

Michigan Mike FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

But it's on the internet so it has to be true.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

People really don't understand how Vegas works. They don't give a **** about the Dolphins. They don't give a **** about any team. The only thing they care about is setting lines that will increase their odds of coming out on top overall and they are clearly very, very good at it.

15. Mb33139

Mb33139 Well-Known Member

As a looongtime Dolphin fan, Gase is the first coach I am starting to seriously dislike. IMO, Gase has put some of the worst, most ill prepared Dolphin teams on the field. And I do believe this coach lost the locker room last year and got rid of players as a result... not so much to make my beloved dolphins better, but to make the team bend more to his will. At this point, I feel Gase is inept as a head coach.

Having said all that, f**k Vegas. Prove everyone wrong Mr. Gase. Show me you have a real method to the absolute madness was last year and this off season. I would gladly retract my statements if so..

thefieds likes this.
  16. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 Well-Known Member

He's been here 2 years, 1 was very good with practically half of our team on IR by years end, and the other year was bad (while missing one of, and imo the most underrated QB in the NFL). If you're starting to seriously dislike Gase, how did you feel about Queasy Joe who's teams played like S*** at the end of any decent season, and didn't have a single good year during his 3 1/3 years with the team? Gase has his flaws, but he's already been much better than Philbum in half the time. And he's got a set of balls which Queasy never had which automatically puts him well above that (most recent) disaster. Don't even get me started on Cam Cameron lol.

17. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

No one else has the thought that Vegas is intentionally lowering the odds so that a group of people can bet on the over and make money?

18. LoneStarPhin

LoneStarPhin Well-Known Member

yep, something like that. vegas doesnt set odds based on what it thinks will happen. it sets odds based on a combination of what it thinks will happen, AND what it thinks the public will bet.

Example: Vegas insiders think Miami will win 10 games. they think public perception is 4 wins. so they set it at 5 or 6 so crapload of people will bet the under and Vegas makes out.

FinfanInBuffalo and joenhre like this.
  19. LoneStarPhin

by the way- that article is actually pretty positive about the Fins. I myself see 11 wins this year if RT qbs every game.

Vegas says you get 7x your money if Gase is fired BEFORE end of season. a sucker bet.
    Armageddon meltdown would have
    to happen for Fins to cut him before season end.

50-1 odds? i might bet it then. probably not even there....

Gonzo is right:

20. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Shifty Gold Administrator Finheaven VIP

21. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

I'm gonna take issue with one thing here: There is no way you can say that Gase's teams were less prepared than Philbin's or Cameron's with a straight face.

[​IMG]

Perception is a funny thing. Gase is my favorite coach since Shula. Yes, that includes Jimmy Johnson. The main reason behind that is that Johnson refused to adapt his game plan to the team's strengths and weaknesses. What he did with Marino in the final few years of his career was near unforgivable.

But here are two reasons I *like* Gase so much:

1) He's growing and learning as a coach. Unlike those in the past, he seems to be adapting and learning from his mistakes. One of those mistakes was not grabbing the entire freaking organization by the nads Year One...probably because they made the playoffs.

2) This is a paraphrasing of what a lot of analysts around the league are saying: Adam Gase doesn't give a **** what you think. He is going to get this entire coaching staff and team on the same page, if it's the last thing he does. He is not afraid to take risks, and he is going to do things his way.

Will that work out well? I sure as heck hope so. The thing that made me leery for a little bit was that I saw something very, very similar in Philly just three years ago, and I was a little more detached from that situation. I called my buddy (also not an Eagles fan), and I said, "what the #### is Chip Kelly DOING? I don't think this is going to work. At all."

And it didn't. And Chip Kelly got fired. The differences here are a) Chip Kelly was in a huge power struggle in Philly, was a MASSIVE douche, and basically demanded more control or he walked, and b) Chip Kelly flat-out refused to learn from his mistakes and adapt. (His offense stopped working after defenses adapted, and he gassed his own defense.)

I don't see those parallels here. The Fins team is a united front, Gase has the coaches he wants in place, and he seems to be sharing responsibility rather than demanding control.

22. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

Gase was an absolute miracle worker in year 1 here (took a rag tag group to the playoffs. thats impressive no matter how you slice it imo) . And he is only 40 freaking years old (HE"S A MAN, HE'S 40!!!!11 haha) Would absolutely hate for him to be fired and he finds major success somewhere else. Just the thought of that makes me sick . I think he's gonna be a good to great coach for us in the long run (and yeah I said long run)

joenhre likes this.
  23. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Moderator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

24. Mb33139

Mb33139 Well-Known Member

In the first two years, Philbin had 15 wins, Gase has 16. While we did get lucky and back in to the playoffs in Gase's first year, the Steelers ran right through us in the wildcard round...

So the difference between Philbin and Gase is one win. ONE WIN. That is does not bode well for Mr. Gase considering Philbin was a hot mess of a coach.

I stand by my words. And again, I hope Gase proves me absolutely wrong.

BigNastyFish and 39wildman like this.
  25. LoneStarPhin

Thid is just plain ignorance. where do i start?

with the fact we didnt "back in" to the playoffs- we overcame an expected slow start implementing a new system going 1-4, then won 9 of 11 games!

We lost our starting QB before the playoffs- that might have affected the Steeler game.

We lost our starting QB just prior to the 2017 season. That might have affected our season.

Nah, on second thought Philbin must have just been a great coach- certainly
    Gase's equal cause all ya gotta do is look at their records. Ahhhhh, ignorance is so bliss!

26. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

I don't think Adam is any better than other 2 coach we have had. Joe and Adam made playoff their first yr....philbin should of made it as well. we will see on Adam. we keep hiring same type of coach...coaches that are learning on job.
    2016 went Adam way. He look be good hired..
    2017 was one of the worst coaching I have seen from coach. yes thill17 was hurt but team didn't play well.
    I can go on and on. Adam must do better in 2018 as well....

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 3:55 PM
  27. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Honestly, this is probably good for the team. Nothing like wanting to go out and prove everyone wrong.

To me, I just don't get the 3-13 predictions or Miami projected to pick in the top five. The talent level on the team, at least in my humble opinion, is mostly league average. What the Dolphins have going for them is a lot of young talent and players who could emerge.

On the bright side, nobody had Philly winning the super bowl last year. All the talk was about Dallas as the Cowboys were coming off a 12-4 season and the Eastern Division title.

joenhre likes this.
  28. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

philly is load w talents...something we don't have...

29. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I actually agree. It was horrible to watch. And it wasn’t because Tannehill was injured or the hurricane or whatever, it was a coaching issue. False starts, offsides, missed assignments, freelancing, missed tackles, players not knowing the playbook, those things were all over the place. I want to see them fixed and the record will take care of itself.

JAKEIII likes this.
  30. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

I’m...I’m on vacation. I really don’t want to do this. So I’ll simplify it. Because there’s a whole separate argument about the takent Philbin inherited vs. the talent Gase inherited.

But simpler is: Name me one season Philbin lost his starting QB, starting MLB, #3 CB, replacement MLB for week 1, endured a hurricane, had to deal with a rogue #1 CB and RB, and an offensive line coach doing lines and sending videos to hookers?

No? Don’t have that? Of course not. Philbin created his own stupidity.

Vaark, ladeback and joenhre like this.
  31. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Do you actually follow this team?
    How is Gase learning on the job equate to the same type of coach? They are two different people dude. How can you not be impressed by what Gase has done in his rebuilding effort? Some veteran leadership, lots of youth by drafting well, all the while getting rid of inflated contract, what more do you want in an offseason?

As far as the coach doing better, it's so easy to throw that out there by just looking at the record of a team, but take into consideration losing your starting QB (a statement you used but glossed over), or a hurricane, what about a coke head coach, a team in salary cap hell, your best RB that could give a damn about the team, your best WR that wanted to be paid top five money and talked about it throughout the season, losing your rookie LB that you had high hopes for before he played a down...like you said I could go on and on.

You're a big landry lover if I remembered correctly....You think he got there from bad coaching? Gase taylormade that offense to run through him thus inflating his numbers. If according to you that was the worse coaching in 2017, you are simply not watching.

Vaark, andyahs and joenhre like this.
  32. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

A year ago, I don't think too many experts thought that. Definitely Philly has a ton of talent, but last year they were predicted near the bottom of their division by a lot of people. Most had Dallas winning the division and New York challenging.

I think Miami has more talent than they are being given credit for. Not super bowl talent, but maybe playoff talent.

joenhre likes this.
  33. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

I will get back w u Jan 2019

34. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

I think it will be either a sink or swim season this year. We will either be 10 6 or 6 10 this year.
    I like our schedule compared to last year's plus this is all Gases roster so excuses will not work unless RT goes down and Gase is still on thin ice. So 10 6 is doable.
    On the other side we could have rusty QB play the first half of the season, big questions at DT and stopping the run, plus have players with injury concerns at key positions.
    I am leaning currently we go 10 6.
    I also think Gase stays even with a 6 10 season and then we go QB first round in next year's draft.

35. Stefins

Stefins Just a Dolphins Fan

odds were 100-1 at Monmouth park Racetrack on Saturday..

36. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Vegas thinks we will win more then 6 games based on the odds. Just saying

37. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Just saw that. They have the Cleveland Browns with the better odds to win the super bowl at 75-1. A team that was winless last season. Whew.

38. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

That's only because we have to go through Brady and Belichick; In any other division, I'm confident the odds would have been a lot less. Just to underscore how crazy and arbitrary it all is, despite Andrew Luck not throwing a regulation size football yet, and their terrible record last season, Vegas has the Colts at 50-1. If the Colts and Fins switched divisions, the Colts would probably be 150:1 and the Fins no doubt less than 49:1

39. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

All Vegas has to do is look at what the fans are thinking and do the opposite. 2017 the fans were predicting greatness and we sucked. 2016 fans were saying 5 wins max and we won 10. 2015 fans were predicting 10+ and we sucked. This season fans are once again predicting 10+ while everybody else is seeing us as a bad team. Can't wait to see who's right (I'm predicting 8-8 btw).

But whats funny to me is how we've debated the whole #QBWINz ad nauseam for years but now suddenly the QB makes all the difference between 6-10 and 10-6? And TANNEHILL is that difference maker. What in the hell kind of logic is that?

Yessir likes this.
  40. sunworshipper

sunworshipper FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

No one disputes that one player can make a difference, just that he can't make all the difference. Aaron Rodgers on the 2017 Browns means that they probably win a few games but not that they win 10+. #QBWINz means the team's record is directly related to how good the QB is. That is, a good QB supposedly always leads his team to a winning record and no good QB can ever play on a loser.

I don't think Tannehill is worth four more wins that Cutler but maybe two? There was more wrong with the 2017 Dolphins than just Cutler. They could easily have lost more games than they did. And the Dolphins have improved this off-season in areas other than QB.

SuperMarksBros. likes this.