Vegas Is Aiming Both Barrels At Gase And The Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas Is Aiming Both Barrels At Gase And The Dolphins

As a looongtime Dolphin fan, Gase is the first coach I am starting to seriously dislike. IMO, Gase has put some of the worst, most ill prepared Dolphin teams on the field. And I do believe this coach lost the locker room last year and got rid of players as a result... not so much to make my beloved dolphins better, but to make the team bend more to his will. At this point, I feel Gase is inept as a head coach.

Having said all that, f**k Vegas. Prove everyone wrong Mr. Gase. Show me you have a real method to the absolute madness was last year and this off season. I would gladly retract my statements if so..

He's been here 2 years, 1 was very good with practically half of our team on IR by years end, and the other year was bad (while missing one of, and imo the most underrated QB in the NFL). If you're starting to seriously dislike Gase, how did you feel about Queasy Joe who's teams played like S*** at the end of any decent season, and didn't have a single good year during his 3 1/3 years with the team? Gase has his flaws, but he's already been much better than Philbum in half the time. And he's got a set of balls which Queasy never had which automatically puts him well above that (most recent) disaster. Don't even get me started on Cam Cameron lol.

No one else has the thought that Vegas is intentionally lowering the odds so that a group of people can bet on the over and make money?

No one else has the thought that Vegas is intentionally lowering the odds so that a group of people can bet on the over and make money?
yep, something like that. vegas doesnt set odds based on what it thinks will happen. it sets odds based on a combination of what it thinks will happen, AND what it thinks the public will bet.

Example: Vegas insiders think Miami will win 10 games. they think public perception is 4 wins. so they set it at 5 or 6 so crapload of people will bet the under and Vegas makes out.

by the way- that article is actually pretty positive about the Fins. I myself see 11 wins this year if RT qbs every game.

Vegas says you get 7x your money if Gase is fired BEFORE end of season. a sucker bet.
Armageddon meltdown would have
to happen for Fins to cut him before season end.

50-1 odds? i might bet it then. probably not even there....

Gonzo is right:
People really don't understand how Vegas works. They don't give a **** about the Dolphins. They don't give a **** about any team. The only thing they care about is setting lines that will increase their odds of coming out on top overall and they are clearly very, very good at it.

giphy.gif

As a looongtime Dolphin fan, Gase is the first coach I am starting to seriously dislike. IMO, Gase has put some of the worst, most ill prepared Dolphin teams on the field. And I do believe this coach lost the locker room last year and got rid of players as a result... not so much to make my beloved dolphins better, but to make the team bend more to his will. At this point, I feel Gase is inept as a head coach.

Having said all that, f**k Vegas. Prove everyone wrong Mr. Gase. Show me you have a real method to the absolute madness was last year and this off season. I would gladly retract my statements if so..

I'm gonna take issue with one thing here: There is no way you can say that Gase's teams were less prepared than Philbin's or Cameron's with a straight face.

Wk16MIAFUBAR.gif

Perception is a funny thing. Gase is my favorite coach since Shula. Yes, that includes Jimmy Johnson. The main reason behind that is that Johnson refused to adapt his game plan to the team's strengths and weaknesses. What he did with Marino in the final few years of his career was near unforgivable.

But here are two reasons I *like* Gase so much:

1) He's growing and learning as a coach. Unlike those in the past, he seems to be adapting and learning from his mistakes. One of those mistakes was not grabbing the entire freaking organization by the nads Year One...probably because they made the playoffs.

2) This is a paraphrasing of what a lot of analysts around the league are saying: Adam Gase doesn't give a **** what you think. He is going to get this entire coaching staff and team on the same page, if it's the last thing he does. He is not afraid to take risks, and he is going to do things his way.

Will that work out well? I sure as heck hope so. The thing that made me leery for a little bit was that I saw something very, very similar in Philly just three years ago, and I was a little more detached from that situation. I called my buddy (also not an Eagles fan), and I said, "what the #### is Chip Kelly DOING? I don't think this is going to work. At all."

And it didn't. And Chip Kelly got fired. The differences here are a) Chip Kelly was in a huge power struggle in Philly, was a MASSIVE douche, and basically demanded more control or he walked, and b) Chip Kelly flat-out refused to learn from his mistakes and adapt. (His offense stopped working after defenses adapted, and he gassed his own defense.)

I don't see those parallels here. The Fins team is a united front, Gase has the coaches he wants in place, and he seems to be sharing responsibility rather than demanding control.

Gase was an absolute miracle worker in year 1 here (took a rag tag group to the playoffs. thats impressive no matter how you slice it imo) . And he is only 40 freaking years old (HE"S A MAN, HE'S 40!!!!11 haha) Would absolutely hate for him to be fired and he finds major success somewhere else. Just the thought of that makes me sick . I think he's gonna be a good to great coach for us in the long run (and yeah I said long run)

I'm gonna take issue with one thing here: There is no way you can say that Gase's teams were less prepared than Philbin's or Cameron's with a straight face.
... snip snip...

In the first two years, Philbin had 15 wins, Gase has 16. While we did get lucky and back in to the playoffs in Gase's first year, the Steelers ran right through us in the wildcard round...

So the difference between Philbin and Gase is one win. ONE WIN. That is does not bode well for Mr. Gase considering Philbin was a hot mess of a coach.

I stand by my words. And again, I hope Gase proves me absolutely wrong.

In the first two years, Philbin had 15 wins, Gase has 16. While we did get lucky and back in to the playoffs in Gase's first year, the Steelers ran right through us in the wildcard round...

So the difference between Philbin and Gase is one win. ONE WIN. That is does not bode well for Mr. Gase considering Philbin was a hot mess of a coach.

Thid is just plain ignorance. where do i start?

with the fact we didnt "back in" to the playoffs- we overcame an expected slow start implementing a new system going 1-4, then won 9 of 11 games!

We lost our starting QB before the playoffs- that might have affected the Steeler game.

We lost our starting QB just prior to the 2017 season. That might have affected our season.

Nah, on second thought Philbin must have just been a great coach- certainly
Gase's equal cause all ya gotta do is look at their records. Ahhhhh, ignorance is so bliss!

I don't think Adam is any better than other 2 coach we have had. Joe and Adam made playoff their first yr....philbin should of made it as well. we will see on Adam. we keep hiring same type of coach...coaches that are learning on job.
2016 went Adam way. He look be good hired..
2017 was one of the worst coaching I have seen from coach. yes thill17 was hurt but team didn't play well.
I can go on and on. Adam must do better in 2018 as well....

Last edited:
Honestly, this is probably good for the team. Nothing like wanting to go out and prove everyone wrong.

To me, I just don't get the 3-13 predictions or Miami projected to pick in the top five. The talent level on the team, at least in my humble opinion, is mostly league average. What the Dolphins have going for them is a lot of young talent and players who could emerge.

On the bright side, nobody had Philly winning the super bowl last year. All the talk was about Dallas as the Cowboys were coming off a 12-4 season and the Eastern Division title.

Honestly, this is probably good for the team. Nothing like wanting to go out and prove everyone wrong.

To me, I just don't get the 3-13 predictions or Miami projected to pick in the top five. The talent level on the team, at least in my humble opinion, is mostly league average. What the Dolphins have going for them is a lot of young talent and players who could emerge.

On the bright side, nobody had Philly winning the super bowl last year. All the talk was about Dallas as the Cowboys were coming off a 12-4 season and the Eastern Division title.
philly is load w talents...something we don't have...

Gase has put some of the worst, most ill prepared Dolphin teams on the field.
I actually agree. It was horrible to watch. And it wasn’t because Tannehill was injured or the hurricane or whatever, it was a coaching issue. False starts, offsides, missed assignments, freelancing, missed tackles, players not knowing the playbook, those things were all over the place. I want to see them fixed and the record will take care of itself.

I’m...I’m on vacation. I really don’t want to do this. So I’ll simplify it. Because there’s a whole separate argument about the takent Philbin inherited vs. the talent Gase inherited.

But simpler is: Name me one season Philbin lost his starting QB, starting MLB, #3 CB, replacement MLB for week 1, endured a hurricane, had to deal with a rogue #1 CB and RB, and an offensive line coach doing lines and sending videos to hookers?

No? Don’t have that? Of course not. Philbin created his own stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom