Vegas Is Aiming Both Barrels At Gase And The Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas Is Aiming Both Barrels At Gase And The Dolphins

I don't think Adam is any better than other 2 coach we have had. Joe and Adam made playoff their first yr....philbin should of made it as well. we will see on Adam. we keep hiring same type of coach...coaches that are learning on job.
2016 went Adam way. He look be good hired..
2017 was one of the worst coaching I have seen from coach. yes thill17 was hurt but team didn't play well.
I can go on and on. Adam must do better in 2018 as well....
Do you actually follow this team?
How is Gase learning on the job equate to the same type of coach? They are two different people dude. How can you not be impressed by what Gase has done in his rebuilding effort? Some veteran leadership, lots of youth by drafting well, all the while getting rid of inflated contract, what more do you want in an offseason?

As far as the coach doing better, it's so easy to throw that out there by just looking at the record of a team, but take into consideration losing your starting QB (a statement you used but glossed over), or a hurricane, what about a coke head coach, a team in salary cap hell, your best RB that could give a damn about the team, your best WR that wanted to be paid top five money and talked about it throughout the season, losing your rookie LB that you had high hopes for before he played a down...like you said I could go on and on.

You're a big landry lover if I remembered correctly....You think he got there from bad coaching? Gase taylormade that offense to run through him thus inflating his numbers. If according to you that was the worse coaching in 2017, you are simply not watching.

philly is load w talents...something we don't have...
A year ago, I don't think too many experts thought that. Definitely Philly has a ton of talent, but last year they were predicted near the bottom of their division by a lot of people. Most had Dallas winning the division and New York challenging.

I think Miami has more talent than they are being given credit for. Not super bowl talent, but maybe playoff talent.

Do you actually follow this team?
How is Gase learning on the job equate to the same type of coach? They are two different people dude. How can you not be impressed by what Gase has done in his rebuilding effort? Some veteran leadership, lots of youth by drafting well, all the while getting rid of inflated contract, what more do you want in an offseason?

As far as the coach doing better, it's so easy to throw that out there by just looking at the record of a team, but take into consideration losing your starting QB (a statement you used but glossed over), or a hurricane, what about a coke head coach, a team in salary cap hell, your best RB that could give a damn about the team, your best WR that wanted to be paid top five money and talked about it throughout the season, losing your rookie LB that you had high hopes for before he played a down...like you said I could go on and on.

You're a big landry lover if I remembered correctly....You think he got there from bad coaching? Gase taylormade that offense to run through him thus inflating his numbers. If according to you that was the worse coaching in 2017, you are simply not watching.
I will get back w u Jan 2019

I think it will be either a sink or swim season this year. We will either be 10 6 or 6 10 this year.
I like our schedule compared to last year's plus this is all Gases roster so excuses will not work unless RT goes down and Gase is still on thin ice. So 10 6 is doable.
On the other side we could have rusty QB play the first half of the season, big questions at DT and stopping the run, plus have players with injury concerns at key positions.
I am leaning currently we go 10 6.
I also think Gase stays even with a 6 10 season and then we go QB first round in next year's draft.

Vegas thinks we will win more then 6 games based on the odds. Just saying

odds were 100-1 at Monmouth park Racetrack on Saturday..
That's only because we have to go through Brady and Belichick; In any other division, I'm confident the odds would have been a lot less. Just to underscore how crazy and arbitrary it all is, despite Andrew Luck not throwing a regulation size football yet, and their terrible record last season, Vegas has the Colts at 50-1. If the Colts and Fins switched divisions, the Colts would probably be 150:1 and the Fins no doubt less than 49:1

All Vegas has to do is look at what the fans are thinking and do the opposite. 2017 the fans were predicting greatness and we sucked. 2016 fans were saying 5 wins max and we won 10. 2015 fans were predicting 10+ and we sucked. This season fans are once again predicting 10+ while everybody else is seeing us as a bad team. Can't wait to see who's right (I'm predicting 8-8 btw).

But whats funny to me is how we've debated the whole #QBWINz ad nauseam for years but now suddenly the QB makes all the difference between 6-10 and 10-6? And TANNEHILL is that difference maker. What in the hell kind of logic is that?

But whats funny to me is how we've debated the whole #QBWINz ad nauseam for years but now suddenly the QB makes all the difference between 6-10 and 10-6? And TANNEHILL is that difference maker. What in the hell kind of logic is that?
No one disputes that one player can make a difference, just that he can't make all the difference. Aaron Rodgers on the 2017 Browns means that they probably win a few games but not that they win 10+. #QBWINz means the team's record is directly related to how good the QB is. That is, a good QB supposedly always leads his team to a winning record and no good QB can ever play on a loser.

I don't think Tannehill is worth four more wins that Cutler but maybe two? There was more wrong with the 2017 Dolphins than just Cutler. They could easily have lost more games than they did. And the Dolphins have improved this off-season in areas other than QB.

Back
Top Bottom