Vendor arrested for charging Dolphins fan $724 for two beers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vendor arrested for charging Dolphins fan $724 for two beers

Dude, fans in Miami are the worst. When was the last time the seats were full of aqua and orange? 20 years? Miami has the same affliction as teams in California, but it's worse. Florida fans are almost as bad as those turds in Seattle.
Let see Seattle has a 5-11 team they still pack there stadium. Miami at 5-11 1/4 of the stadium is empty, with it seems like almost half of it being the other teams fans. So how are those turds as you call them worse than Florida fans.

eC5MJkO.gif

Let see Seattle has a 5-11 team they still pack there stadium. Miami at 5-11 1/4 of the stadium is empty, with it seems like almost half of it being the other teams fans. So how are those turds as you call them worse than Florida fans.
I bet more people would come to see a Miami team with Russel Wilson, or any QB that gives you a realistic chance and some very good entertainment each week. What has there been on this team the past 10-20 years to create a fan base? You could root for Wake to get a couple of big sacks, but people like to see offense. That's why the NFL has made it harder and harder to play defense the past 15 years. I hear Seattle is nice, but there might also be more things to do with the nicer weather from Sept. to Dec. in Miami, so you have to compete with those things for the consumer dollar.

Last edited:
I bet more people would come to see a Miami team with Russel Wilson, or any QB that gives you a realistic chance and some very good entertainment each week. What has there been on this team the past 10-20 years to create a fan base? You could root for Wake to get a couple of big sacks, but people like to see offense. That's why the NFL has made it harder and harder to play defense the past 15 years. I hear Seattle is nice, but there might also be more things to do with the nicer weather from Sept. to Dec. in Miami, so you have to compete with those things for the consumer dollar.
For one Seattle hasn’t been 5-11 since Wilson has been there. I’m talking about from 1976 tell today even in that junk pile Kingdome. Seattle has had a fan base even in the 90’s when they where at the Browns level. And to me there are a lot more things to do in the winter in Washington than I could do in Florida.

I'm hoping it was a mistake … like forgetting to put in the decimal ($7.24 becomes $724), because let's face it, the beer IS the focal point of our games at Hard Rock Stadium these days.

Nope...WRONG Seattle doesn't still pack their stadium.....you are just a DolFan hater....please stop your nonsense

For one Seattle hasn’t been 5-11 since Wilson has been there. I’m talking about from 1976 tell today even in that junk pile Kingdome. Seattle has had a fan base even in the 90’s when they where at the Browns level. And to me there are a lot more things to do in the winter in Washington than I could do in Florida.
I don't know the 2 cities, but for the average person, there might be more to do in Miami, despite how you feel personally. Tropical after all. Maybe more things like the beach and nightlife attract the average sports fan anyway. Plus, I believe there are a lot of people in MIami who are not from Miami or even from the USA originally. If that is the case, they may not have the same attraction to football as the typical American, or the same loyalty to make them identify with a Miami team, or even the money to go to games in some cases. That is one theory a friend of mine who grew up in Miami has mentioned.
I also wonder if Florida, being a hot spot for college football teams, might take some of the fans Miami might have if they were more competitive and the Hurricanes and Seminoles were not during that time. I may be off on that, though, I don't follow college FB closely.

How ya gonna charge $724 for two beers when you can get any two Dolphins' players for half that?

Sheeesh you dont try to con the drunkest person you can find for hundreds. You con hundreds for a dollar or two a pop. You're gonna have a handful that catch it...alot of those arent gonna give a **** about a couple of dollars... chalk it up to a bullshit fee or something. Screw everyone a little not a few alot

That is incorrect. When the Seahawks were irrelevant attendance was so bad that they actually thought of moving the team. They actually played home games below 40k (Kingdome had a max capacity of 65k) in 90s.

No matter which stadium you look at if the team sucks they do not show up. It is not a South Florida phenomena. The only NFL teams who are always packing the stadium are the Packers, Bears, Steelers (as far as I know).

Honestly, fans from out of town need to shut up about local attendance. They constantly bitch about us that we should boycott yet criticize that "we do not show up".
The only advise I have to out of towners who bitch about attendance: put your money where your mouth is or eat :poop.
To those out of towners who want us to boycott: we are still going, drink, eat and having a good time. So you can eat the same stuff as those above. Bon appetite.

I don't know the 2 cities, but for the average person, there might be more to do in Miami, despite how you feel personally. Tropical after all. Maybe more things like the beach and nightlife attract the average sports fan anyway. Plus, I believe there are a lot of people in MIami who are not from Miami or even from the USA originally. If that is the case, they may not have the same attraction to football as the typical American, or the same loyalty to make them identify with a Miami team, or even the money to go to games in some cases. That is one theory a friend of mine who grew up in Miami has mentioned.
I also wonder if Florida, being a hot spot for college football teams, might take some of the fans Miami might have if they were more competitive and the Hurricanes and Seminoles were not during that time. I may be off on that, though, I don't follow college FB closely.
Let's take a myth out. We do not have a Miami team. Outside of the Marlins all our south Florida major sports teams (Panthers, Heat, Dolphins, Hurricanes) are tri-county teams. Their base is coming from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County. That is an area with over 5.5 Million people.
Both teams (Hurricanes and Dolphins) can support sell out crowds. The 80s and early 90s are prove of that. And our population has increased since then. Teams suck. People stay at home.
In the last couple years I saw plenty of FSU games on TV where the stadium was literally empty. The Swamp had a severe attendance problem a couple years ago as well when the Gators were in a slump.

Teams win, fans come to the games.
Teams lose, fans stay home.
It is that simple.

How, I mean it is a choice to buy the tickets and merchandise...you know the price and if you follow the team you can determine how good they are.

Even in January people knew the team was tanking.
Ah it was humor and I found it funny

Back
Top Bottom