Vendor arrested for charging Dolphins fan $724 for two beers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vendor arrested for charging Dolphins fan $724 for two beers

That is incorrect. When the Seahawks were irrelevant attendance was so bad that they actually thought of moving the team. They actually played home games below 40k (Kingdome had a max capacity of 65k) in 90s.

No matter which stadium you look at if the team sucks they do not show up. It is not a South Florida phenomena. The only NFL teams who are always packing the stadium are the Packers, Bears, Steelers (as far as I know).

Honestly, fans from out of town need to shut up about local attendance. They constantly bitch about us that we should boycott yet criticize that "we do not show up".
The only advise I have to out of towners who bitch about attendance: put your money where your mouth is or eat :poop.
To those out of towners who want us to boycott: we are still going, drink, eat and having a good time. So you can eat the same stuff as those above. Bon appetite.

Hey I don’t bitch. I fly in once a year to see a game. I went opening day and the game was the worst I’ve ever attended at any stadium for any sport. That said, I’ll always love my team even if they make me f-ing nuts.

Let's take a myth out. We do not have a Miami team. Outside of the Marlins all our south Florida major sports teams (Panthers, Heat, Dolphins, Hurricanes) are tri-county teams. Their base is coming from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County. That is an area with over 5.5 Million people.
Both teams (Hurricanes and Dolphins) can support sell out crowds. The 80s and early 90s are prove of that. And our population has increased since then. Teams suck. People stay at home.
In the last couple years I saw plenty of FSU games on TV where the stadium was literally empty. The Swamp had a severe attendance problem a couple years ago as well when the Gators were in a slump.

Teams win, fans come to the games.
Teams lose, fans stay home.
It is that simple.
The other poster was wondering why that happens. He said in Seattle they came even when they sucked. I kind of don't mind a town not coming out to see a bad team. It keeps the pressure on owners and even players to put out a better product to avoid the embarrassment of an empty stadium. That might be the bitterness of rooting for a joke of a team for years, because I didn't feel that way years ago, but it's how I feel now. People can spend their time and money however they want to.

Last edited:
How did that beer vendor think this was going to turn out? Was he sampling a little too much of his own product? Of course that charge would be disputed sooner or later and there'd be a electronic trail right back to the Square account and the phone used for the bank to get him.
Being a crook doesn't mean you are smart!

Attendance is equal to the length of suckage. Since 1999 the Seahawks have been to the playoffs 13 times and been to two Super Bowls and won in 2013. Since 1999 Miami has been to the playoffs five times and hasn't been to a Super Bowl since 1984.

and even in the early 90's when they sucked they didn't suck as bad as Miami has over the past decade. Also valid in the argument is the fact that Washington State has one professional football team. Florida has three.

Attendance is equal to the length of suckage. Since 1999 the Seahawks have been to the playoffs 13 times and been to two Super Bowls and won in 2013. Since 1999 Miami has been to the playoffs five times and hasn't been to a Super Bowl since 1984.

and even in the early 90's when they sucked they didn't suck as bad as Miami has over the past decade. Also valid in the argument is the fact that Washington State has one professional football team. Florida has three.
The other problem is that the NFL changed their reporting. You cannot really take attendance numbers for what they are. You probably remember the "good old days" when in box scores the attendance was listed as:
x-mount tickets sold
x-amount no shows

Now attendance is purely tickets sold disregarding any no shows unless someone really wants to believe that our average attendance last year was 65k or 66k in a stadium which holds 67k. :lol:

The other problem is that the NFL changed their reporting. You cannot really take attendance numbers for what they are. You probably remember the "good old days" when in box scores the attendance was listed as:
x-mount tickets sold
x-amount no shows

Now attendance is purely tickets sold disregarding any no shows unless someone really wants to believe that our average attendance last year was 65k or 66k in a stadium which holds 67k. :lol:

Yeah the first thing the announcers said was "we are hear today broadcasting in front of an audience of 73,533 people" or whatever the attendance was for that game.

Any word on how they know it was a theft and not a case of someone entering the information on the pay device incorrectly and just operator error? For example I could see how someone might enter a $7.34 charge incorrectly as $734.00.

Any word on how they know it was a theft and not a case of someone entering the information on the pay device incorrectly and just operator error? For example I could see how someone might enter a $7.34 charge incorrectly as $734.00.
If you as vendor use a Square card reader to run a credit card rather than the normal procedures I am pretty sure it is theft.

Back
Top Bottom