Vermeil next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vermeil next year?

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Say Dave doesn't do anything next year, who around would be a better choice then Vermeil? He said he'll coach one more year at Kansas. So, if he's not retiring at least we know there's a very good coach going to be available next year.

I don't think so. Vermeil will be about 68 heading into the 2005 season. Plus, he's saying that he's done after next year.

My hope would be NICK SABAN. :)

Originally posted by Bl¡tz Inc
Aren't there new rules that he has to wait 3 years or something?

No, if his contract expires he can go anywhere he wants.

You are thinking of Steve Spurrier. If he coaches an NFL team in the next 3 years that team has to give the Redskins compensation because Spurrier signed a 5 year contract and only stayed 2 (3 years left on the contract). This is only the case if a coach resigns. If a coach gets fired, he can go anywhere he wants and there would be no compensation.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think Vermeil would work out pretty well in Miami. Maybe it's not too bad a thing that Wanny is back for another year. There just isn't a lot of good options out there this offseason.

Agreed. I think we get a whole year to look for a replacement, or rather, the GM has all year to look for someone in case Dave flops. I don't think there's any doubt that is Dave doesn't move us forward he's gone next year. Having a Gm that would have the knowledge to hire a good replacement is what Wayne wanted because he knows he didn't want that responsibility.

I like Vermeil tho, too bad he may be retiring. Again.

it wont happen, Vermeil was pondering retirement after this year already, and i believe once hes done in KC, thats it, hes done for good.

i want to see what DW does with a GM getting the right talent and not ignoring the team needs. i think we'll be fine with DW.

but lets say that he does flop, i think Nick Saban would be the best choice.

If Vermeil leaves it will be for retirement not another team.

as long as vermiel continues to coach, it will be with the chiefs. he and peterson are friends from their philly days. he has also stated he regretted retiring after the SB in St Louis. it's a very small chance that he will ever coach in miami.

I agree that there just aren't any great candidates out there. I'm not willing on giving the keys to the Miami Dolphins to a coach with no head coaching experience at any level. The two coaches I would have gone after this year are Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz. Otherwise, I'd just as soon keep Dave Wannstedt.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think so. Vermeil will be about 68 heading into the 2005 season. Plus, he's saying that he's done after next year.

My hope would be NICK SABAN. :)

Saban may be good, but it seems every college coach bombs out with the first team. I would rather pick up a saban type after fir cherry has been burst:lol:
The ONLY reason I was even considering the spurrier option.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom