Vernon Carey wants to play tackle.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Carey wants to play tackle..........

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
NFL | Carey Would Like Shot At Tackle - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:04:46 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports NFL draft prospect OL Vernon Carey (Miami, Fla.) has said he would like a chance to play at tackle, but most teams are projecting him to be moved inside to play guard.

we need a RT and Speilman has said he wants to keep the pick @20 to go OL or WR

Originally posted by dolphan39
we need a RT and Speilman has said he wants to keep the pick @20 to go OL or WR

If that's the case then I would say our chances of getting Henson are improving. I just don't want him to start in 2004 unless an ijnury occurs to the starting QB.

If thats Rick's train of thought then Rivers is not an option unless this is a smoke screen. I would love to have Carey though if we do end up getting Henson.

If we get another 1st rounder if/when we lose Ogunleye I would like to have Henson/Carey/Michael Clayton. That would be nice.

from the source

He probably won't get his wish, but Miami (Fla.) offensive lineman Vernon Carey still would like a chance to play at tackle, before being moved inside to guard, where it seems most teams project him. "In the end, it's not going to matter, because I feel I'll succeed at either position," said Carey, who certainly looks more the part of a guard from a physical standpoint. "But let's be honest, huh, tackle is the glamour position."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1739186

I love Carey for many reasons. One that is not often discussed is his versatility. He would be a great backup across the board if an injury occurs next year or as a starter a guy who could move to tackle, for example, if the starter gets injured. He means we need less depth and can be more flexible in the FA marketplace where the O line is concerned. Lets go Clayton, Carey in the 1st (or jenkins)

Originally posted by chambers84
If we get another 1st rounder if/when we lose Ogunleye I would like to have Henson/Carey/Michael Clayton. That would be nice.

:idea: :up:

Originally posted by chambers84
I sure as he// wouldn't be crying about that!

I want to play opposite Salma Hayak in love scenes in movies but it ain't gonna happen despite my good looks. Carey would be a reach at 20 at this point.

Originally posted by Boomer
I want to play opposite Salma Hayak in love scenes in movies but it ain't gonna happen despite my good looks. Carey would be a reach at 20 at this point.

How do you mean? He wont be there or should be picked later? If later then lets say Philly get Ogun that would be the pick to use. If not philly but an earlier pick, trade down. I love the kid.

Back
Top Bottom