Very good tape breakdown | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very good tape breakdown

Still, very underthrown…needs to tweak his mechanics slightly.

It wasn't a dime, plain and simple. Not hating on the play, it got a TD and the lead. Just saying it wasn't a perfectly thrown ball, when he had time to set and put what he needed to into it, and it came up short. Possible he felt a little rushed, seeing as he almost got destroyed about a second earlier, and had to launch it a little quicker than he would've liked...like I said...not hating, just being honest.

These replies remind me of these guys.....

If the job got done, nitpicking the aesthetics of it all is ridiculously short-sighted.

Nitpick when the job doesn't get done....

Even then, even the very best baseball pitchers and hitters often miss despite consistently great mechanics. Same goes for QB's or really any position player.

Yet here we always seem to have some ham and egg'er novice fan criticizing a players "mechanics". Even though 99.9% here have zero qualifications or credentials to recognize or teach proper mechanics.

Last edited:
He seems to still throw underthrown balls when he does those flexible relief pitcher quality stuff. So?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It’s all relative man..

bottom line, Tuas whole process of throwing a football is all connected from the feet to the hips to the release, mahomes, Rogers, Allen, Murray, Stafford, Wilson, are not..

is what it is, my worry is, folks think that because he’s stronger now that his velocity is gonna change when his feet aren’t set, those folks will be disappointed. His Body just doesn’t work like that, the good news is when his feet are set that velocity will be noticeably better and if you protect the guy at lease decently he’ll get it done..

Tua could have easily gone underneath to Waddle but I give him credit for good vision and making the right choice. His pocket awareness was also excellent moving to an open area where he could have also ran for the first and slid. He didn't have time to set so he heaved an easily catchable pass to the right spot of the field. Underthrown? Nope, I say why risk a difficult to catch over the shoulder throw that could have been dropped. Nice play by Tua and Hollins to find an open area and avoiding another blunder by Jesse Davis who is now starting RG for the Vikings who come to Miami Oct. 16.

It is funny that posters who use this throw of Tua's as an example of a 'weak arm', don't realize that a ton of long throws end up with the receiver having to make some sort of adjustment. I guess it's only bad if it's Tua.

Correct.

Go watch Tyreke Hill hi lites. A lot of stopping, coming back and slowing down.

Same thing with Herbert. His WRS on deep throws had to adjust or slow down as well.

People seem to have an illusion that guys like Mahommes, Herbert etc.... just throw perfect, in stride passes on their deep throws.

GRYPHONK forgets which game it was. But It was the game Waddle caught a crossing pattern and jumped for the ball. It appeared he might have gotten injured. Luckily he was OK.

Fact is, he didn't need to jump
Had he kept running, he's probably still running.

Additionally there was atleast 3 or 4 slant and or crossing patterns that Waddle flat out dropped. Thrown perfectly in stride. I think the Panthers and Jets games are examples.

GRYPHONK is not saying this to knock Waddle.

GRYPHONK is pointing out there were limited opportunities

When Waddle catches those passes, and when Tua has a few more chances to throw deep those underthrown passes will be easily forgotten.

If the job got done, nitpicking the aesthetics of it all is ridiculously short-sighted.

Even then, even the very best baseball pitchers and hitters often miss despite consistently great mechanics. Same goes for QB's or really any position player.

Yet here we always seem to have some ham and egg'er novice fan criticizing a players "mechanics". Even though 99.9% here have zero qualifications or credentials to recognize or teach proper mechanics.

Couldn't have said it better myself, and I try that a lot - LOL

For me, IMO, arm strength is not only about how far down the field you can throw the ball. It is getting the ball from Tua's hand to the receiver who may only be 20 yards away as quickly as possible. This is the NFL and defenders while beaten momentarily will not stay beaten. They will look to regain their position. This is a good example. Hollins has 5 yards on the nearest defender. The ball is so slow in getting there, the defender nearly shoves him out of bounds before being able to score. So tight window throws or anticipating when and where to put the ball is most important.

And as has been stated, the OL was horrific. Hopefully the 2 new players and 4 new coaches with good pedigree in OL play will vastly improve that area. It will also help to have real NFL talent in the backfield. Cedric Wilson and Tyreek will be greatly beneficial as to getting to their "spot" quickly. I expect massive improvements on the offensive side of the ball. The whole defense is back so I expect the same performance out of them at a minimum.

That is far from a good breakdown. In fact, I would equate that to a 1st grader finger painting w sh** on his hands.

The only poor block on that play was at RT as Davis gets overpowered around the edge.

He hated on Eich when him and Duke did thier job well. Then he was hating on AJ blaming him when he completely washed his defender out giving Tua the largest portion of the pocket to move up in and away from Davis's defender and uncork the deep ball.

Plus he pointed at Albert Wilson and called him Waddle.

Plus this guy's voice is annoying.

Don't quit your day job pal. Your analysis is literally straight trash.

I agree in part, in that not every throw can be made under perfect conditions of "set feet" and room/time to step into, and follow through on the throw. QBs have to be able to ad lib at times. The ability of "Getting the job done" under adverse conditions is paramount to success.

By the same token, sound and consistent mechanics are crucial for a QB. Anyone that believes otherwise is wishful thinking. There is validity to the line of thought that Tua's hip injury limited his ability to get full body torque on hard throws his first year, and possibly into part of his second season. At this point the hip is either completely healed, or as good as it is ever going to be.

You are correct that most of us are unqualified to teach QB mechanics, but it doesn't take a genius savant to recognize bad mechanics.

It’s all relative man..

bottom line, Tuas whole process of throwing a football is all connected from the feet to the hips to the release, mahomes, Rogers, Allen, Murray, Stafford, Wilson, are not..

is what it is, my worry is, folks think that because he’s stronger now that his velocity is gonna change when his feet aren’t set, those folks will be disappointed. His Body just doesn’t work like that, the good news is when his feet are set that velocity will be noticeably better and if you protect the guy at lease decently he’ll get it done..
Every QB's throws beyond 5 yards are going to require leverage through the lower body. No such thing as an arm-only throw. You're just saying that some QBs don't need their feet planted in order to access that lower body leverage. Personally I think that at the NFL level every QB has fhe physical means of doing that it just may be that some QBs practice it more and get better at timing the whip for velocity and placement. Maybe getting further removed from the hip injury will help Tua with those types of throws, and maybe he just needs more reps at leveraging his lower body without a firm foot-ground connection.

Every QB's throws beyond 5 yards are going to require leverage through the lower body. No such thing as an arm-only throw. You're just saying that some QBs don't need their feet planted in order to access that lower body leverage. Personally I think that at the NFL level every QB has fhe physical means of doing that it just may be that some QBs practice it more and get better at timing the whip for velocity and placement. Maybe getting further removed from the hip injury will help Tua with those types of throws, and maybe he just needs more reps at leveraging his lower body without a firm foot-ground connection.
I disagree but it’s all good man :)

he actually said Eich did a **** job i thought.

That play was not a horrible play by Eich. Back in HS i remembered alot of times hearing "get by or thru the Tackle" IF I'm DE, and the tackle walks me down field 10 yards then i break free....99% of the time thats a quality block, the DE should already be 3-4 yards down field past the QB.

I dont take up for Eich often, but consindering he tied up the DE 10-11 yards past the LOS without the DE making inward progress, that was a good pass block

That's on me for wording it poorly. It should have read as " I stopped watching after he complained about Eich, Who did a fine job blocking"

Correct.

Go watch Tyreke Hill hi lites. A lot of stopping, coming back and slowing down.

Same thing with Herbert. His WRS on deep throws had to adjust or slow down as well.

People seem to have an illusion that guys like Mahommes, Herbert etc.... just throw perfect, in stride passes on their deep throws.

GRYPHONK forgets which game it was. But It was the game Waddle caught a crossing pattern and jumped for the ball. It appeared he might have gotten injured. Luckily he was OK.

Fact is, he didn't need to jump
Had he kept running, he's probably still running.

Additionally there was atleast 3 or 4 slant and or crossing patterns that Waddle flat out dropped. Thrown perfectly in stride. I think the Panthers and Jets games are examples.

GRYPHONK is not saying this to knock Waddle.

GRYPHONK is pointing out there were limited opportunities

When Waddle catches those passes, and when Tua has a few more chances to throw deep those underthrown passes will be easily forgotten.
❤️ the usage of 3rd person, brilliant bro!

Back
Top Bottom