Very good tape breakdown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very good tape breakdown

Remember when Tua's beach hat underthrow to Tyreek footage leaked and people came defending it with those Mahomes live game underthrows? Then the other side came back with the "oh but that was Mahomes in a live game, pressure in his face" situation...

Well that was Tua's in game, pressure in his face kind of moment, except he experiences more often than others. Mechanics?? Wont always be perfect with that kind of pass rush, also what about those times other QBs throw off their back foot, or side arms their passes? Those arent necessarily "correct mechanics" but they need to do whatever it takes to get the ball out.

For goodness sakes theres so much double standards for the Tua hate lol
You'll notice I'm a massive Tua supporter...no hate whatsoever...but I'm not blind either. It wasn't a dime, plain and simple. Not hating on the play, it got a TD and the lead. Just saying it wasn't a perfectly thrown ball, when he had time to set and put what he needed to into it, and it came up short. Possible he felt a little rushed, seeing as he almost got destroyed about a second earlier, and had to launch it a little quicker than he would've liked...like I said...not hating, just being honest.

Nope...it means he had ample time to set and put what he needed into it for a perfect connection, once he escaped. Probably a combination of his still recovering from injury, and the impact that had on his mechanics...which is plain to see. Here we are a year later and he seems to be well past the point he was last year toward recovery. Great things are possible!
Saying Tua had "ample time" is like saying a poor man is a "Billionaire" - LOL

You'll notice I'm a massive Tua supporter...no hate whatsoever...but I'm not blind either. It wasn't a dime, plain and simple. Not hating on the play, it got a TD and the lead. Just saying it wasn't a perfectly thrown ball, when he had time to set and put what he needed to into it, and it came up short. Possible he felt a little rushed, seeing as he almost got destroyed about a second earlier, and had to launch it a little quicker than he would've liked...like I said...not hating, just being honest.

Tell me, how much time did tua actually have? Dont get bent out of shape on this, im not comparing, but dont you notice mahomes doing this a bunch of times? Youre not blind either right? Or do you choose to be blind when you want to be?, as do many others.

It's hilarious to me that nearly every time a poster has a negative take on anything Tua does they feel the need to explain how they aren't hating on Tua but simply pointing out an observation blah blah blah...

Peeps seem afraid to speak their minds without first explaining why they feel a certain way .... I guess the threat of getting roasted by or ignored by another poster is far too great ...

Oh damn ... I mentioned the word negative in the same sentence I mentioned Tua ... it's not that I am saying something negative it's just ... :lol:

We know our OL wasn't good enough and because of that any success Tua had throwing the ball had a lot to do with his pocket presence, footwork, decision making, release time and accuracy. We know his play helped us win despite the circumstances. We know we didn't put up huge PPG to win so we probably know we didn't really have a play maker @ the skill positions (WR,RB,TE) until we drafted Waddle.

The defense did us great favors (after 7 games) by keeping us in games and giving us a chance to win. I absolutely believe Tua can be the Qb we need to lead the team to the playoffs and beyond. It's a no brainer really. Given Tua's strengths (presence in pocket, footwork, decision making release time and accuracy) all you need to do is give him better tools to work with and you will get better results.

For me it's not about arm strength, his height/weight etc. but more about me wanting to see a Qb be THE reason we win. Don't go off the deep end on me. I KNOW one guy isn't the reason most football games are won. My point is, when the game is on the line, I want to have the confidence that Tua can take our offense down the field and score. When other winning teams' asses are on the line you never hear anything about the other skill positions... it's "give Mahomes 90 seconds with no time outs and ..." or don't give Brady the ball with 30 seconds and 2 timeouts" .... it's because those signal callers have the reputation of killing you just when you thought you had them beat .....

Mechanics, arm strength etc. are very real measurements and paying attention to those qualities are super important. The intangible I'm looking for is the one where, despite the tale of the tape, our guy is the one the opponent does not want to have the ball in crunch time.

This is year 3 ... and with a new coaching staff and some weapons with a track record it's crunch time for this team and Tua may never have a more qualified group to support him.

That guy talks for 10 minutes to explain that the pocket collapsed. Not very insightful. We all know the line stunk. I’m a huge Tua fan, but a throw from a dead run for only 50 yards is a bit concerning in terms of displaying arm strength. Those are the kind of throws he will need to make to extend broken plays.
He really criticized Eich on the this play, but the DB ran himself out of the play. Each was fine. Davis, surprise, surprise, was terrible. Great job by Tua stepping up in the pocket and keeping eyes down the field. We used to have a guy in the 80s and 90s that did this pretty good.

It's hilarious to me that nearly every time a poster has a negative take on anything Tua does they feel the need to explain how they aren't hating on Tua but simply pointing out an observation blah blah blah...

Peeps seem afraid to speak their minds without first explaining why they feel a certain way .... I guess the threat of getting roasted by or ignored by another poster is far too great ...

Oh damn ... I mentioned the word negative in the same sentence I mentioned Tua ... it's not that I am saying something negative it's just ... :lol:

We know our OL wasn't good enough and because of that any success Tua had throwing the ball had a lot to do with his pocket presence, footwork, decision making, release time and accuracy. We know his play helped us win despite the circumstances. We know we didn't put up huge PPG to win so we probably know we didn't really have a play maker @ the skill positions (WR,RB,TE) until we drafted Waddle.

The defense did us great favors (after 7 games) by keeping us in games and giving us a chance to win. I absolutely believe Tua can be the Qb we need to lead the team to the playoffs and beyond. It's a no brainer really. Given Tua's strengths (presence in pocket, footwork, decision making release time and accuracy) all you need to do is give him better tools to work with and you will get better results.

For me it's not about arm strength, his height/weight etc. but more about me wanting to see a Qb be THE reason we win. Don't go off the deep end on me. I KNOW one guy isn't the reason most football games are won. My point is, when the game is on the line, I want to have the confidence that Tua can take our offense down the field and score. When other winning teams' asses are on the line you never hear anything about the other skill positions... it's "give Mahomes 90 seconds with no time outs and ..." or don't give Brady the ball with 30 seconds and 2 timeouts" .... it's because those signal callers have the reputation of killing you just when you thought you had them beat .....

Mechanics, arm strength etc. are very real measurements and paying attention to those qualities are super important. The intangible I'm looking for is the one where, despite the tale of the tape, our guy is the one the opponent does not want to have the ball in crunch time.

This is year 3 ... and with a new coaching staff and some weapons with a track record it's crunch time for this team and Tua may never have a more qualified group to support him.
It's exhausting to a point...some will be like, "we know he's not perfect, we're not saying he is," yet, you point out any little tiny ripple, and they lose their ****.

Great post.

Tell me, how much time did tua actually have? Dont get bent out of shape on this, im not comparing, but dont you notice mahomes doing this a bunch of times? Youre not blind either right? Or do you choose to be blind when you want to be?, as do many others.
Mahomes has a very flexible relief pitcher quality right arm that doesn’t need mechanics of the lower body to release, his lever can work without body mechanics and doesn’t need to be in sync/connected

Tua’s cannot period, it’s all connected for him..that lever cannot extend away from his body and generate power

Mahomes has a very flexible relief pitcher quality right arm that doesn’t need mechanics of the lower body to release, his lever can work without body mechanics and doesn’t need to be in sync/connected

Tua’s cannot period, it’s all connected for him..that lever cannot extend away from his body and generate power
A severely injured hip will do that.

Some just conveniently forget that.

He's a year behind on rehab thanks to Flo.

What a shock. Is he saying football is a team sport and all 11 on the field are important for each play? Well it ain't wrestling or golf.

That guy talks for 10 minutes to explain that the pocket collapsed. Not very insightful. We all know the line stunk. I’m a huge Tua fan, but a throw from a dead run for only 50 yards is a bit concerning in terms of displaying arm strength. Those are the kind of throws he will need to make to extend broken plays.

That explanation tells me you have never done that, you don't throw a ball that far, that perfectly placed (Yes, I know, receiver had to slow down for it), after all that chaos.

If someone like the big arm Josh Allen was under that type of distress, he probably runs for the 1st down, or sees the open receiver, slows down. sets himself, and either over throws the pass (At least makes the receiver have to make a huge play to get it), or throws closer to the right shoulder risking the DB catching up and making a play.

TUA escaped getting killed (Well done)...Tua saw the open receiver while keeping his eyes to his receivers (Nice)...Tua throws an accurate deep pass, that though a bit underthrown, placed to the receiver's left shoulder where only he could make the play, and the play ends up a TD.

Hey look Josh Allen has a wide open receiver streaking down the sideline...

Wow!!! How is that possible the reciever had to pretty much stop for the pass? Yet it's an MVP pass?

Back
Top Bottom