Very good tape breakdown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very good tape breakdown

A severely injured hip will do that.

Some just conveniently forget that.

He's a year behind on rehab thanks to Flo.
Agree on he shouldnt of been playing in his rookie year, ive been adamant about that before it happened, but disagree that the reason he cant make off platform throws was because of the hip injury..

Tua's mechanics are all connected, someone like Mahomes or Rogers are not,.

IMO the breakdown was overly long to convey the amount of info it did. The part that I thought was the most telling for those who don't watch much film was how much of a liability those Ts were. They were even close to being effective or competent. And it wasn't a coaching issue. The scheme had them in position. And really their technique wasn't horrid. But the execution was horrid. They simply didn't have the physical ability to block those players one on one.

Oh come on, I remember a play with 'Bama where Tua spun like 720 degrees avoiding two rushers, planted and threw 40 yards to an open receiver in stride. He's just not back to 100% yet. His form is completely off from what it used to be.

He really criticized Eich on the this play, but the DB ran himself out of the play. Each was fine. Davis, surprise, surprise, was terrible. Great job by Tua stepping up in the pocket and keeping eyes down the field. We used to have a guy in the 80s and 90s that did this pretty good.
I stopped watching it after he complained about Eich doing a fine job

That guy talks for 10 minutes to explain that the pocket collapsed. Not very insightful. We all know the line stunk. I’m a huge Tua fan, but a throw from a dead run for only 50 yards is a bit concerning in terms of displaying arm strength. Those are the kind of throws he will need to make to extend broken plays.
:bobdole:

I stopped watching it after he complained about Eich doing a fine job

he actually said Eich did a **** job i thought.

That play was not a horrible play by Eich. Back in HS i remembered alot of times hearing "get by or thru the Tackle" IF I'm DE, and the tackle walks me down field 10 yards then i break free....99% of the time thats a quality block, the DE should already be 3-4 yards down field past the QB.

I dont take up for Eich often, but consindering he tied up the DE 10-11 yards past the LOS without the DE making inward progress, that was a good pass block

He really criticized Eich on the this play, but the DB ran himself out of the play. Each was fine. Davis, surprise, surprise, was terrible. Great job by Tua stepping up in the pocket and keeping eyes down the field. We used to have a guy in the 80s and 90s that did this pretty good.

Welllllllllllll ****, i accidentally went from page 1 to page 3 and missed your post. I said the exact same thing as you just went into slightly more unneeded detail lol.

Cheers :cheers: you got 99 problems but a Ginia aint one

he actually said Eich did a **** job i thought.

That play was not a horrible play by Eich. Back in HS i remembered alot of times hearing "get by or thru the Tackle" IF I'm DE, and the tackle walks me down field 10 yards then i break free....99% of the time thats a quality block, the DE should already be 3-4 yards down field past the QB.

I dont take up for Eich often, but consindering he tied up the DE 10-11 yards past the LOS without the DE making inward progress, that was a good pass block

It was a blitzing corner. Jesse Davis was actually worse on that play.

in this particular case -- the kid made a play (and did a very good job getting it done) so... the crits are IMO unjustified.

If the kid makes plays like this as a matter of routine I'll like totally down with that.

It doesn't have to be pretty or perfect. It just needs to be effective.

Get the pig in the Nzone. Early and often!

After that -- who cares?

BNF

That explanation tells me you have never done that, you don't throw a ball that far, that perfectly placed (Yes, I know, receiver had to slow down for it), after all that chaos.

If someone like the big arm Josh Allen was under that type of distress, he probably runs for the 1st down, or sees the open receiver, slows down. sets himself, and either over throws the pass (At least makes the receiver have to make a huge play to get it), or throws closer to the right shoulder risking the DB catching up and making a play.

TUA escaped getting killed (Well done)...Tua saw the open receiver while keeping his eyes to his receivers (Nice)...Tua throws an accurate deep pass, that though a bit underthrown, placed to the receiver's left shoulder where only he could make the play, and the play ends up a TD.

Hey look Josh Allen has a wide open receiver streaking down the sideline...

Wow!!! How is that possible the reciever had to pretty much stop for the pass? Yet it's an MVP pass?

It is funny that posters who use this throw of Tua's as an example of a 'weak arm', don't realize that a ton of long throws end up with the receiver having to make some sort of adjustment. I guess it's only bad if it's Tua.

It was a blitzing corner. Jesse Davis was actually worse on that play.
same philosophy, te picked up de, cb blitz pickup was treated luke an edge rusher when eich picked him up. anytime u walk the rusher up field 10 yards its good blocking.

youd like to see him stop a smaller guy in hia tracks. any DB should beat a OL 10 yards up field, but qb should never be there.

as the outside rusher or blitzer if you arent turning the edge within 5-7 yards you pretty much lost

Mahomes has a very flexible relief pitcher quality right arm that doesn’t need mechanics of the lower body to release, his lever can work without body mechanics and doesn’t need to be in sync/connected

Tua’s cannot period, it’s all connected for him..that lever cannot extend away from his body and generate power

He seems to still throw underthrown balls when he does those flexible relief pitcher quality stuff. So?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

That explanation tells me you have never done that, you don't throw a ball that far, that perfectly placed (Yes, I know, receiver had to slow down for it), after all that chaos.

If someone like the big arm Josh Allen was under that type of distress, he probably runs for the 1st down, or sees the open receiver, slows down. sets himself, and either over throws the pass (At least makes the receiver have to make a huge play to get it), or throws closer to the right shoulder risking the DB catching up and making a play.

TUA escaped getting killed (Well done)...Tua saw the open receiver while keeping his eyes to his receivers (Nice)...Tua throws an accurate deep pass, that though a bit underthrown, placed to the receiver's left shoulder where only he could make the play, and the play ends up a TD.

Hey look Josh Allen has a wide open receiver streaking down the sideline...

Wow!!! How is that possible the reciever had to pretty much stop for the pass? Yet it's an MVP pass?

Everyone else is an exception to the rule, unless your a samoan QB

Back
Top Bottom