Very Scared | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very Scared

Where are you getting such an offer from? The offer I heard earlier last wk was 5, 18, 39 and next years first. All speculation of coarse but that seems more reasonable and I’d prob be ok w it. I won’t love it but I won’t break my tv either
There's a ton of articles stating that they're straight up not trading the pick so I don't see why they would have a change of heart for something not too far off of the Goff trade. They'd need something unprecedented to go from not entertaining offers to trading it.

to the burrow is a one year wonder crowd...how many of those other one year guys won a national championship from the SEC and beat six top 10 teams including bama, georgia, oklahoma and clemson?

its.not.even.close.
For that to happen...was it talent driven or scheme driven?

I feel Fitz could have taken Titans to the Super Bowl and Tannehill was the problem. You can win with Fitz, he is plenty good enough with a solid team and defense in support. One player does not make a team. I don’t see the next Dan Marino in this draft, and Dan has zero rings too. You need to build a solid team of fundamentals and execution to win consistently and do that four game run at the end. Manning, Brady, Rogers, Luck, Brees, Mayfield, none of them guarantee you anything. If Chase Young or Andrew Thomas drops, you seriously have to consider taking them too.

Again my question is:
the "brightest of the bright" on FH declare Burrow a one-year wonder and another Akili Smith. Why would the Bengals draft another "Akili Smith" when they have Andy Dalton. They forgo the absolutely sure and positively generational super QB Tua? That does not make sense. At.All.

It's hard to project these QBs to the next level. Burrow certainly looks to be the real deal based on this past year. But, LSU was loaded all over the place. You take him away from that superior team and how good is he? It's the same thing with Tua. Bama is freaking loaded also. Almost all of their offensive weapons are headed to the NFL. I would assume that Burrow will struggle with Cinci, they do stink. If Tua comes to Miami he'll start out 3rd string behind Fitz, who's is coming back and Rosen. Rosen is the wild card, how will he fare under Gailey? If we miss on Tua because someone jumps ahead of us we should snag Hebert. He's a great consolation prize and he's healthy!! The kid is impressing at the Senior Bowl and may turn out to be as good as Tua or Burrow, or even better.

Feels like we are early to the smoke blowing contest..... We "covet" Burrow...... Hmmmm not sure that stirs the Kool-aid for me....

It's hard to project these QBs to the next level. Burrow certainly looks to be the real deal based on this past year. But, LSU was loaded all over the place. You take him away from that superior team and how good is he? It's the same thing with Tua. Bama is freaking loaded also. Almost all of their offensive weapons are headed to the NFL. I would assume that Burrow will struggle with Cinci, they do stink. If Tua comes to Miami he'll start out 3rd string behind Fitz, who's is coming back and Rosen. Rosen is the wild card, how will he fare under Gailey? If we miss on Tua because someone jumps ahead of us we should snag Hebert. He's a great consolation prize and he's healthy!! The kid is impressing at the Senior Bowl and may turn out to be as good as Tua or Burrow, or even better.
Loads of good consolation prizes if we miss Tua at #5

I’ll start this out by saying that Burrow had, in my opinion, the greatest single season by a QB in college football history. Did he have a great team around him, absolutely. Without going back and looking at all of the Heisman winning QB seasons, I’m sure that every single one had pro talent at their disposal other than the system Heisman winners (Detmer, etc). I think the offensive system that they ran this year (New Orleans Saints) has as much to do with Burrows numbers as anything else. I think it will take college defenses another year or two to figure out the pro system. When Saban went to Alabama, he brought his complex NFL defense with him and through his first few seasons, they gave up an average of under 10 points per game. Ten year later, his players are much better but they give up double that per game now.
Burrow did some really nice things this year and had made some really good throws but I think it’s as much the system as it is him.

Haha, no offense, I can’t take this thread seriously. The OP didn’t even supply us with a link to this Ross quote. You can’t bait me just for your amusement, your post is fraud. Nothing to see here, just another thread littering the board.

There’s no way anything being circulated right now is the truth. Good organizations are going to do their due diligence on all possible scenarios. I wouldn’t put too much stock in ANYTHING we’ve heard to date including the idea that Tua has been the guy we cover since day 1. I’d imagine a handful of people know the truth and aren’t sharing it with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom