Very Scared | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very Scared

In my opinion the 5th pick in this years draft is rather simply, if Tua clears the medicals and is there at 5 you take him. If not you take the best rated player on your board regardless of position. We have too many holes on this team to do otherwise. I love Burrow and he appears to be the real deal but we ain’t getting him and even if the Bengals were willing not at the price it would take. End of story in my opinion.

we might as well give that trade offer to Kansas City for Mahomes (an actual proven talent). I like Burrow but that's way too much....for any player really. If thats really the Bengals asking price then they arent realistically looking to trade that pick. I dont blame them though.

Yep, I would trade for Mahomes over Burrow. But I highly doubt either KC or Cincinnati would make the trade

I feel Fitz could have taken Titans to the Super Bowl and Tannehill was the problem. You can win with Fitz, he is plenty good enough with a solid team and defense in support. One player does not make a team. I don’t see the next Dan Marino in this draft, and Dan has zero rings too. You need to build a solid team of fundamentals and execution to win consistently and do that four game run at the end. Manning, Brady, Rogers, Luck, Brees, Mayfield, none of them guarantee you anything. If Chase Young or Andrew Thomas drops, you seriously have to consider taking them too.
Dude hasn’t made the playoffs in his WHOLE career. What makes you think you can win with him now?

Funny how all these “reports” know what we are thinking and what Cincy’s asking price is lol. You can’t believe anything you read now. NOTHING

Lose to the Bengals in overtime and lose to the Pats and we would be ours with 4 more first rounders and 4 more second rounders in next 2 years. Glad we got those 2 wins

I like Burrow and I would have no problem with the Dolphins giving up their 3 first round picks this year to move up and draft him. As far as also having to give up both of their second round picks this year and a first round pick next year is concerned. That is far too many draft picks for any player and I would pass on that trade and not think twice about it.

I think they will likely draft Tua or Herbert at 5 and they will have all their draft picks left to start rebuilding the rest of the team.

In my opinion the 5th pick in this years draft is rather simply, if Tua clears the medicals and is there at 5 you take him. If not you take the best rated player on your board regardless of position. We have too many holes on this team to do otherwise. I love Burrow and he appears to be the real deal but we ain’t getting him and even if the Bengals were willing not at the price it would take. End of story in my opinion.
Not easy imo, and I’m not even GM. Assuming they love and want Tua, medical turns out positive moving up may have to be done to avoid a jump, pressure has to be insane.bow if they like another qb equally that makes decision easier.

I’d rather trade for Burrow than Tua. Of course I’d prefer not to trade at all.

i'm not a fan of 1 year wonders....I would take a shot with one first round pick...giving up draft capital when we have so many holes seems foolish.
I think trading all those picks makes no sense but calling Burrow a one year wonder is just not correct. While he did have a once in a lifetime year this past year, the fact is he was a very good QB at LSU in 2018. He consistently got better as that season went along . He arrived at LSU just prior to the start of the season and still won the starting job. The offense the ran in 2018 was based more on running the ball than passing the ball.

He played well within the system in 2018 and threw for 3 TD’s for every 1 interception he had. He also rushed for an additional 7 td’s while leading LSU to a 10-3 record in 2018. It was not his fault that his passing stats were not the same in 2018 as they were in 2019. The fact is the offense he was playing in during the 2018 season was a completely different offense than the offense he played in this past season because the coaching staff decided to go with a pass oriented offense in 2019 and that allowed Burrow to finally be able to show his true skills.

So saying that Burrow was just a one year wonder is completely wrong. He played well within the offensive system at LSU in 2018 and played great once they went to a system which allowed him to show his passing and running skills this past season. The only reason some see him as a one year wonder is because they fail to understand the system he was playing in during the 2018 season and how well he actually played within that run first system.

Okay kids, keep up the complaining and we wont be drafting ANY QB this year!

No seriously, imagine what this board would do if we didn't draft a QB this year lol. Or a late round one.
The little kid in me is really hoping ...

images

The morning of April 24th would be like Christmas around here. That is, if Santa went rogue and gave everybody a lump of coal instead. Polyannas would be finding a bright spot, the usual suspects would be joined by the majority of the site in grabbing torches and pitchforks ...

The carnage would be glorious. :evilmod :evilmod :evilmod

The prospects for Miami's future would still be meh ... but I'd end up having fun swinging Lucille around for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom