Very Surprising | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very Surprising

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
check out this blurb i stole from someone else post, the authors name escapes me, but sproles is one of my favorite players from college and i found it very interesting how much power and explosion it would seem he packs in such a small package, check the lift numbers in comparision to some of the other backs...Darren Sproles

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Ciatrick Fason

Vernand Morency

Marion Barber

JJ Arrington

Kay Jay Harris

Eric Shelton

Frank Gore

Ryan Moats

Brandon Jacobs

TA McClendon

Darren Sproles

Anthony Davis

Alex Haynes

copyright timmy54 lol
user_offline.gif

claytonAndDuper said:
check out this blurb i stole from someone else post, the authors name escapes me, but sproles is one of my favorite players from college and i found it very interesting how much power and explosion it would seem he packs in such a small package, check the lift numbers in comparision to some of the other backs...Darren Sproles

For such a small guy he is very strong and apparently a good RB. It's a shame his size will prevent him from being drafted possibly.

id love to take a look at him in the extra rounds if we had a later pick. but were the dolphins and our drafts are always disasters so we dont. i know weight room stength and actual on the field playing and natural strength arent the same things, but take a look at bensons numbers in the bench and even squat...man i cant wait for this draft

claytonAndDuper said:

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Ciatrick Fason

Vernand Morency

Marion Barber

JJ Arrington

Kay Jay Harris

Eric Shelton

Frank Gore

Ryan Moats

Brandon Jacobs

TA McClendon

Darren Sproles

Anthony Davis

Alex Haynes

copyright timmy54 lol
user_offline.gif

It was "stolen" from KB21's post in which he provided this year's TB prospects. I agree that Sproles runs like a much bigger player against college players. Will he be successful in the NFL? That's hard to say but I really like to watch the little guy run.http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=71839

he ran wild against some of the best competition the nation has to offer, i think hes going to open alot of eyes, like warrick dunn, maybe even better

Why bring in a little guy that will always be a little guy, he may have the biggest heart in the world, but that won't get that yard you need on 3rd and one in the NFL. Take a flyer on a big back that could develop into your 25-30 carry a game back.

He can lift like that because of his build. I remember reading something posted by some 'Phin a few years ago. He was asked who was the strongest member on the team. He said besides the big guys, obviously, Zach and Ricky. They can both bench over 400 lbs. He said that is because they have the thinker bodies and the shorter arms. So their leverage is better at getting underneath the weights. I think this would hold true for the majority of people.

Small is also Barry Sanders. Not advocating taking Sproles, I would much rather use our later round picks elsewhere, but being smaller worked for Barry.

we have other needs to fill before we would take him , i just would love to see us add a play maker of his caliber, if only for kickoff help with welker and 3rd downs....i just think hes going to do really well for himself...

Back
Top Bottom