Very tough call facing Miami Dolphins as the DeVonta Smith/Ja’Marr Chase debate rages | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very tough call facing Miami Dolphins as the DeVonta Smith/Ja’Marr Chase debate rages

The Isaac Bruce/Marvin Harrison comparisons are spot on with Smith, IMO. I think that if they are neck and neck in terms of the team's board, then Smith has the obvious advantage. His character and work ethic are instant fits with Brian Flores and the culture he has established here so quickly and prominantly. Aside from that, he also already has great chemistry with Tua, and is a better systematic fit as well.

I'd be fine with Chase. I'd be fine with Waddle. Smith is my preference, however. I like all 3.

There are playmakers all over the WR field this year... what Smith and Chase bring... are hype.

Both players played for stacked teams, but at least Chase has A) an NFL frame and B) managed to excel at 19 years old.

If I'm going to take one of these overrated hype machines, I'm going Chase based on the above reasons... but there are a dozen other WRs worthy of comparison.

I don’t think Chase has a chance to be elite in the NFL. I’m taking Smith over him and it’s not even close.

I am a Chase fan. People who have forgotten what he brings should look at his tape. I wish he would have played. That being said I would not be upset with Smith. My problem is I'm not a fan of any WR at 3. That is such a premium position...I feel a trade down is the BEST option or Sewell? If you can drop to 8, you still get a top 3 WR.

There is nothing...absolutely nothing wrong with a WR that can win the jumpball. Jamarr/Devonta were wide open a lot. So Chase saying trust me..throw it up, is a confident receiver. His routes are crisp and his hands are strong. It is ultimately taste and maybe in this case familiarity and as such, I think both WR'S will be excellent.

What is this based on? He was the best WR in football easily the year before. Speed for days and had over 21 yards per catch. He has more than a chance.
Lots of highly productive players in college don’t become elite in the NFL.

No debate for me. Don't want to touch that stick man with a 10ft pole or else he'll break in half!

Chase is easily the superior NFL Prospect IMO. BUT no way he's worthy of #3.

i havent seen enough of all 3 to really make a solid opinion on who i like best, mostly just quick highlights or the occasional game here and there, but id be fine with any of them honestly, smith probably stands out the most and justifiably so, he had an amazing year and we have to consider him and tua already have chemistry, waddle too

but i think we will be getting offers for #3...the thing is...if grier and flores think smith is the guy then you may have to pull the trigger at 3 because i think he will go to detroit at 7 the latest...i mean the draft rarely goes as expected and most mocks are completely off so im just guessing here

i guess what im trying to say is i guess its best to listen to the offers, take smith if thats the guy you want at 3, we need talent and if you think he instantly makes the offense better then you do it...but if the difference between the 3 wrs isnt that much then trade down, get someones first next year, wind up with 1 of the 3 and roll the 2 firsts over another year

Lots of highly productive players in college don’t become elite in the NFL.
He was the Biletnikoff award winner for THE best WR in college football... at 19 years old.

That guy? That's the guy you think won't translate to the NFL?

Are you an Alabama fan?

Definitely agree with chase is a bully in tbe stem. There isn’t much rerouting going on. And that’s a true sophomore he’s not even really a man yet.

that Tavon austin comp stuff doesn’t make any sense with smith but it’s tdumb so I guess no surprise there

He was the Biletnikoff award winner for THE best WR in college football... at 19 years old.

That guy? That's the guy you think won't translate to the NFL?

Are you an Alabama fan?
I'm still puzzled!

Back
Top Bottom