Veteran RB Options for the Miami Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Veteran RB Options for the Miami Dolphins

Not about where they are drafted. That isn't the conversation. SF has been able to find capable running backs who can produce. Has MIami? Thus far no.
My point is, it doesn’t matter who they put back there. They all produce because of their scheme and offensive line play.

I can't quote everyone, so I'm just going to make a blanket statement; who are you guys purposing we sign that's better than the running backs we already have? Are you assuming that Doaks isn't going to make the roster? Or are you trying to bring in veterans that are going to be productive? I mean I don't understand what point you're trying to make here
No one on that list is better than what we have.

I can't quote everyone, so I'm just going to make a blanket statement; who are you guys purposing we sign that's better than the running backs we already have? Are you assuming that Doaks isn't going to make the roster? Or are you trying to bring in veterans that are going to be productive? I mean I don't understand what point you're trying to make here
No one on that list is better than what we have.
They don't need to be "better" than who we have. They need to be part of a committee that makes the committee better overall. Because the committee we have now isn't good enough (just using last years stats) based on history/

I'm exiting this topic, right behind rational thought that beat me to the door.
This thread is nonsensical.

I'm not sure that I understand this obsession with Running Backs...

1. The position has been GREATLY devalued from the old days. The rules have changed to make this a passing league, first... and last. If you are looking for a RB, he'd better be what we used to call the West-Coast style of Running Back-- a pass catcher... Alvin Kamara, Roger Craig.
2. The Bellichick coaching style believes in running back by committee. And we have a committee now... Gaskin caught 41 passes in 10 games last year. Ahmed might be as good as Gaskin. Brown is a thumper and a goal line back and he too can catch. Then we added Doaks, who looks like he might actually be a three down back...

I think that many here are trying to obtain something that might not even exist-- a 1970s style RB and a 1970s style offense.
Qb like Rodgers dont need rb.. avg qb need good rb. To help them develop or take some of pressure of them

I'm still available. I've flown under the radar some this year. At 6ft 258 lbs and 53 years young I have a lot left in the tank, and it's quite a large tank at that. I was once clocked at 4.15 in the 40, wait that was a typo, it was 4:15 but that is still pretty fast considering that time included a stop for a drink of water and a Nutty Buddy at the 20 yard mark. That was a minute ago but I believe I could get that time again with a little training and if there was an ice cream truck involved for motivation...
If someone can put in the good word and get me on the team I promise to come back on here weekly and give you guys the inside scoop.

a derrick henry type, who may not ever (or rarely) house it, but is so powerful he just demolishes the other team and they are unable to stop him in the 4th quarter.

i don't see anything like that on the team right now.
I don't see a Derrick Henry type in at least 31 other NFL teams. They complement with great O-Line, WR and excellent play calling.

The Dolphins have approached every position with the appropriate urgency, since Flores took over.

On no planet is a RB as important as a FS, in terms of investment.

Once the OL is dominant, you can keep revolving that door of RBs for all care. Creating running lanes is all that matters there.

Damien Williams says hi.

I don't see a Derrick Henry type in at least 31 other NFL teams. They complement with great O-Line, WR and excellent play calling.
Derick Henry Ran like 1,300 yards against his own division almost.

Slightly over 500 against the houston, 500 against Jaguars, and like 300 against the colts. Both Houston and and Jacksonville are among the worst defenses in the league, and worst run stop defenses.]

60 against the browns?
98 against greenbay?
75 against pitsburgh?
57 against buffalo?

250 against houston?
212 against houston again?
147 against detroit?
215 against Jacksonville?

Back
Top Bottom