Vic Beasley any good ???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vic Beasley any good ????

Here’s the run down on Beasley. He’s ok when motivated. Don’t for a second think the Dolphins would be getting a player who solves their pass rush issues. Vic simply hasn’t progressed as a rusher, has little to no secondary moves and if a tackle gets set and nudges him, he’s out of the play.

As the hometown guy we had a lot of hopes for him. Now, part of Vics regression is on the coach who is not the greatest by any stretch. He tried Vic at different positions and it was a mitigated failure most times. IMHO, you just tell Vic to rush the passer only. That’s it’s. Not drop in coverage...etc. He does not set the edge well and is a situational rusher only.

All this being said, I think Flores can get the most out of him. One thing to note: Quinn put his job on the line by extending Vics contract in hopes of getting him back to a pro bowl level. Vic skipped offseason workouts to do other things (charity, speaking engagements). Many question his desire to be great or even good. He’s deeply religious and at times it looks like he’d rather hug you than hit you. All good.. just a note.

Was always a fan, but he’s just not there. Perhaps he’ll be motivated to be more but if Charles Harris makes you mad... be prepared to be on a roller coaster of emotions with Vic. He’s the ‘Facts of Life’ guy: You take good, you take the bad....

He is a pretty active edge guy, always has some PD and FF to his sack totals. Was average for a few years after that All-Pro year he had but rebounded this year. I believe we have his college DL coach on staff maybe a reunion is in order to get the most of of his talents.

He is a pretty active edge guy, always has some PD and FF to his sack totals. Was average for a few years after that All-Pro year he had but rebounded this year. I believe we have his college DL coach on staff maybe a reunion is in order to get the most of of his talents.
Don't know about rebounded but his last 6 games or so were good. Perhaps he'd be more serviceable away from "the brotherhood."

Here’s the run down on Beasley. He’s ok when motivated. Don’t for a second think the Dolphins would be getting a player who solves their pass rush issues. Vic simply hasn’t progressed as a rusher, has little to no secondary moves and if a tackle gets set and nudges him, he’s out of the play.

As the hometown guy we had a lot of hopes for him. Now, part of Vics regression is on the coach who is not the greatest by any stretch. He tried Vic at different positions and it was a mitigated failure most times. IMHO, you just tell Vic to rush the passer only. That’s it’s. Not drop in coverage...etc. He does not set the edge well and is a situational rusher only.

All this being said, I think Flores can get the most out of him. One thing to note: Quinn put his job on the line by extending Vics contract in hopes of getting him back to a pro bowl level. Vic skipped offseason workouts to do other things (charity, speaking engagements). Many question his desire to be great or even good. He’s deeply religious and at times it looks like he’d rather hug you than hit you. All good.. just a note.

Was always a fan, but he’s just not there. Perhaps he’ll be motivated to be more but if Charles Harris makes you mad... be prepared to be on a roller coaster of emotions with Vic. He’s the ‘Facts of Life’ guy: You take good, you take the bad....

Well done.

Beasley has athleticism you can't teach, but I really have no idea if his lack of development has to do with coaching, motivation, or what. He probably won't be too expensive for a team interested in trying to find out.

I believe he'd be a higher-upside project than Charles Harris.

Well done.

Beasley has athleticism you can't teach, but I really have no idea if his lack of development has to do with coaching, motivation, or what. He probably won't be too expensive for a team interested in trying to find out.

I believe he'd be a higher-upside project than Charles Harris.
I think with the right coach he can be a double digit guy. He’s as athletic as can be having watched him in high school he was a beast. He’s such a good guy I root for him. Thanks for the post.

Have to be real damn cheap for me to be interested. Real damn cheap and short term too

situational pass rusher prove it deal. He’d have to know also he’s not guaranteed to play every down.

1 year $4 to $6 mil max. Compete with biegel for sub run.

if he wants more than that pound sand.
I know where you are coming from but we do have a ton of cap space. Maybe it wouldn’t be horrible to offer him a bit of guaranteed money to get a 2nd year on the deal in case he does produce for us. I’d say 2 years 16mil wouldn’t be bad with maybe 5 or 6 of that guaranteed

I know where you are coming from but we do have a ton of cap space. Maybe it wouldn’t be horrible to offer him a bit of guaranteed money to get a 2nd year on the deal in case he does produce for us. I’d say 2 years 16mil wouldn’t be bad with maybe 5 or 6 of that guaranteed

That’s probably where it would end up I’d say. Giving the team an option for a second year. But I’d also want something where if he looks like ass in camp/preseason year 1 I can walk away.

he isn’t gonna like hearing it but the reality is he gives you nothing outside of situational pass rush. So for me the whole ask would be see qb hunt qb. Pin ears.

If I’m Vince biegel I’m not a fan of this add.

Only if he is a bargain.

Teams don't just wash their hands of good pass rushers.

Sort of fabricated sack total a few years ago. Some clean up sacks in there

it was an outlier year imo. I’ve also never seen a team come out and make a public announcement that they are cutting a dude off so that is very odd as well.

I’d sign cheap and honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a camp cut. Not a believer

Gotta ask yourself why Atlanta wouldn't even offer a contract to an 8 sack guy.
There were rumored trades lined up for Vic last year/year before, but the Falcons declined those and instead gave him an extension. This was on the premise that he could return to 2016, but he was much worse in each of the last two years other than the last six or so games of 2019 when he resembled a serviceable DE. Not enough to give him the money others will. Additionally against the Falcons cap, it made sense.

Back
Top Bottom