Vic Fangio brings big changes to the Miami Dolphins' defense | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vic Fangio brings big changes to the Miami Dolphins' defense

It's also what you do on a message board. I have already stated that I believe that Miami's defense could potentially be a top 5 defense with the talent they have. But I also believe there is room for improvement on some of those 300 or so snaps. You are free to believe that the defense is perfect and that nobody should talk about where it might be improved. I disagree. I see Davis as a poor fit and a place where Fangio and the team may look to upgrade. It's not my #1 priority, but it is an area I think there will be FAs available that would be a better fit. Therefore I see NT as a position that could be improved this season.

Of course you can say Davis can be improved on, I even said Linval Joseph could be a possible replacement post June 1st. The original discussion was that run heavy teams could give Miami trouble because they play in a light box and they don’t have a “space eating monster NT” to steal gaps. The original point was not to say that Davis is irreplaceable and nobody can say he should be replaced, but that there’s a multitude of ways to steal gaps in the run game and that you can still have a sound run defense using different methods, shown by Miami last season with Davis in that 0T role last year.

The 2nd point was that Fangio uses his Nickel/Dime packages 70% of the time which don’t utilize 0T NTs, and only 20% of the time do they use the Tite front at all. The Nickel/Dime fronts are where Fangio lives in his defense, teams are going to have to beat his Nickel package to give the defense trouble.

Back
Top Bottom