Vick to the Jets? Reid to buffalo? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick to the Jets? Reid to buffalo?

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I could c the Jets goin after vick and buffali pursuing Reid. That would make the division alot toigher buffalo has talent but have always had really poor coaching and the jets need a qb not named aanchez it qudnt hurt to bring in vick on one year deal

Jets are stuck in a very, very poor cap situation. Currently $20 Million over for 2013. It's going to be very difficult for them to ake any FA moves, especially at the most expensive position on the field. They're stuck with dirty sanchez and back-up types. As for Buffalo, they may be able to land Reid, I guess anything is possible, but he'll have far more attractive options elsewhere.

I don't think either will happen. Jets are in terrible cap space and I think Reid goes to San Diego where there is a QB in place.

Why would Reid go to Buffalo?

The only way I see that happening is if he isn't able to land any of the other openings and he had to settle for coaching the Bills. Highly doubt that would happen though, he'd probably rather take a year off than coach in that arm pit.

lovie smith is another guy that can't get a team over the hump...i could see the jets and mike vick being a match...but that doesn't scare me in the least...nor would reid in the division...

outside of new england and it's only gonna be short lived at that miamis got the best long term qb option in the division...by a long shot

you guys should stop moving these threads for the time being...we are in the dead part of the offseason right now waiting out the playoffs etc miami news is gonna be scarce...might as well just let people talk football and give us something to talk about instead of fighting amongst ourselves...

you guys should stop moving these threads for the time being...we are in the dead part of the offseason right now waiting out the playoffs etc miami news is gonna be scarce...might as well just let people talk football and give us something to talk about instead of fighting amongst ourselves...

I didn't move this thread but if the thread wasn't in the Beasts of the AFC East, it shouldn't have been anywhere else.

I didn't move this thread but if the thread wasn't in the Beasts of the AFC East, it shouldn't have been anywhere else.

Fortunately, Buffalo is considered a pretty crap opportunity, which is how Gailey got the job in the first place. Definitely seems like they'll be hiring a low level retread of the Norv Turner variety, which would be fine by me. Ken Whisenhunt is another option, but he's actually a good coach, unfortunately. Reid would be a disaster for us. He had a bad year this year but he's a fantastic coach.

Adam Schefter had an interesting speculation that because Shad Khan has lived for a lot of his life in Chicago and is/was a big fan of the Bears, he might make a big push for Lovie Smith. Somehow I doubt it, though. Anyone who coaches there is going to have to sign off on trading for and starting Tim Tebow, which will severely limit their options. Mike McCoy is too hot a coaching prospect to go there.

Should be interesting to watch.

Vick sucks, so yeah I hope the Jets piss more money away on him.

I could see just one pretty good HC, who's been duly humbled over the years in the analysts studio and motivated to get back in: Brian Billick. He'd take that job; however he's the only decent-to good proven HC seemingly without other options that I can see, although alsol realize it's subjective.

lovie smith is another guy that can't get a team over the hump...i could see the jets and mike vick being a match...but that doesn't scare me in the least...nor would reid in the division...

outside of new england and it's only gonna be short lived at that miamis got the best long term qb option in the division...by a long shot

Right now you have the best long term QB solution, but does RT really have what it takes to be your future? Dont get ahead of yourself, i know you have a ton of cap space for next season, but remember, NE is the class of the division, and nobody in the East is taking them out anytime soon

Back
Top Bottom