Vick to the Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick to the Jets

156789_484137251608436_1486609825_n-1.jpg

buttfumble wouldn't start for the Bills.

LOL. I like Junc and at the risk of drawing his wrath I kind of suspect the same thing. I really do believe the potential was there for Sanchez to be a good qb at one time, but the psychological effect of being tragically bad towards the end of his tenure with the Jets probably will linger throughout the rest of his career. I think at this point the guy is damaged goods and I don't see him walking into many NFL locker rooms (outside of maybe Jacksonville or Cleveland) and just taking the starting job away from the incumbent.

Oh please. If the Dolphins would do something similar you Jetsfans would have definitely made more of it than calling it a solid move.
:lol:

I wouldn't want Vick on my team even if he was a HOFer.

The Vick brothers are just bad people period.
Just a reminder about Marcus Vick
[video=youtube;RH2y84tpA2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH2y84tpA2Q[/video]

I was horrified when we signed Marcus Vick. Thankfully he really didn't see much of any playtime and was gone rather quickly. One of Saban's great legacies with the Phins.

The guy played well under MM when he took over in 2010 until he got hurt in 2011. Hasn't done a whole lot since but injuries can be attributed to a lot of that. The fact of the matter is, as a player, he was no worse then any other QB option who was available. Only other guy was really Schaub. I'd probably rather have Schaub but he looked really bad last year, and is a guy who relies more on his accuracy then actual arm strength which could hurt him in the northeast.

The guy played well under MM when he took over in 2010 until he got hurt in 2011. Hasn't done a whole lot since but injuries can be attributed to a lot of that. The fact of the matter is, as a player, he was no worse then any other QB option who was available. Only other guy was really Schaub. I'd probably rather have Schaub but he looked really bad last year, and is a guy who relies more on his accuracy then actual arm strength which could hurt him in the northeast.

he was probably the best free agent option of a weak lot. probably nothing special but an upgrade on the roster at qb for a .500team last year. Funny how some posters want to act like he is a horrible qb while many of the same people act like moore is a good qb.
The object of free agency is to get better. We got better at LT by signing Albert. They have a developing qb and Vick is the vet. Im not sure who people expected the Jets to be able to trot out at Qb. For what was available the Jets did solid on this move.
Not a fan of pff but they said it best.

Vick seemed like a natural fit for the Eagles’ new offense when Chip Kelly was hired last offseason. After a solid showing in the preseason he clearly beat out Nick Foles as the starter. A hamstring injury early in the season kept Vick on the sidelines while Foles performed well enough to retain the starting job for the remainder of the season.

Although Vick isn’t the most accurate quarterback, he has improved as a pocket passer over the years. Athleticism is his biggest asset, allowing him to extend plays into huge gains—something that many other passers are incapable of producing. It comes with a price though, as we have seen year in and year out that his style of play poses a greater injury risk.

Vick is the most talented quarterback of the bunch. That said, as a 34-year-old, injury-prone, mobile quarterback, his time as a starter is ticking. He could be a very good option for one or two seasons for a team that wants to develop a younger player or has no viable starting option currently on the roster.

phins_4_ever;1065041652[B said:
]You think so? He didn't just kill dogs (which would be bad enough) he tortured them. People who get off on torture (people or animals) can not be change by just a couple years in jail[/B]. Vick played the game and acts like he is a better person because he realized that without the NFL he is nothing. Someone who enjoys torture will always enjoy torture. It is just a matter of time until he 'relapses'.

Another reason to despise the Jets.

10000X This.

The man hung and electrocuted dogs, he is a ****ing sociopath.

10000X This.

The man hung and electrocuted dogs, he is a ****ing sociopath.

as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really naïve.
These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.

I preferred Mark to stay but w/ him gone I'm ok w/ Vick as a vet that can push geno and help him develop.

I preferred Mark to stay but w/ him gone I'm ok w/ Vick as a vet that can push geno and help him develop.

It was your only move. In 2011 it seemed like Mark had become a good qb. His team was 8-5 he had 20 tds 11 int with three weeks left in season on his way to the playoffs.
He then seemed to lose all confidence the rest of the waythrowing 7 interceptions in the final three games. In 2012 he reverted to rookie form and was easily one of the worst qb's in the nfl.
You cant just keep hoping he turns it around, they paid a lot of money for such a bad performance. Vick is the better choice now. No team is rushing to sign Mark Sanchez.
Someone will sign and who knows maybe he develops but it will be a long shot.

as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really naïve.
These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.

He went well beyond simply training them to fight, which is bad enough (and being raised in it doesn't suddenly make it correct or on par with eating them). He tortured them. You are correct, that is not a sociopath. That's a psychopath.

And condoning it is exactly what you are doing by making all those excuses. :lol:

Potential landing spots for Sanchez:

Rams: As a backup
Bills: Not clear as a backup or starter
Packers: As a backup
Browns: Wanted to push any rookie they draft

The ten seconds of the video sums it all up.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...or-mark-sanchez?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

I would love for him to go to GB, sit back learn from one of the best and they hit the FA market next year.

I expect he will end up in SL and will take over at some point for a struggling Bradford.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

It was your only move. In 2011 it seemed like Mark had become a good qb. His team was 8-5 he had 20 tds 11 int with three weeks left in season on his way to the playoffs.
He then seemed to lose all confidence the rest of the waythrowing 7 interceptions in the final three games. In 2012 he reverted to rookie form and was easily one of the worst qb's in the nfl.
You cant just keep hoping he turns it around, they paid a lot of money for such a bad performance. Vick is the better choice now. No team is rushing to sign Mark buttfumble.
Someone will sign and who knows maybe he develops but it will be a long shot.

if the Jets didn't wait so long to release him he would have been signed in a hurry. He would have gone to Oak, Hou or one of those places. Mark would have been the best QB on the market had he been available at the start of FA(to be fair it was a weak market).

nyjunc;1065042396if the Jets didn't wait so long to release him he would have been signed in a hurry. He would have gone to Oak said:

He went well beyond simply training them to fight, which is bad enough (and being raised in it doesn't suddenly make it correct or on par with eating them). He tortured them. You are correct, that is not a sociopath. That's a psychopath.

And condoning it is exactly what you are doing by making all those excuses. :lol:

Im far from condoning it. In fact I have put people in jail for it and don't take it lightly. What he did is pretty common with people that fight dogs, these are not pets. Im explaining the mentality behind it. Being where Im from I know of people that have done these things. I know a guy that actually sold a fighting dog to Joey Porter, said this long ago when Porter was a Dolphin but of course since he was phin people defended him to no end.Dog fighting is beyond barbaric in my mind but that's because of my affinity for animals and dogs. He didn't go anymore beyond what a great majority of dog fighters do, people just are shocked by this disgusting culture and want to somehow relate it to treatment of a human. Also I doubt he is a pscyho path since that would mean he would be prone to do it again and again no matter what. A psychopath just cant turn it off because he might get in trouble. This culture doesn't look or treat dogs as anything but gladiators and if they are not winners then they are basically dead meat.
I guess what Im trying to say is this is the behavior of people that fight dogs esp at the level he was doing it. These can be highly secretive networks of people that fight dogs and what he did is common among people that fight dogs at this level. Its estimated that about 40,000 people in the United States are professional dog fighters of this level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom