Victor Green | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victor Green

CHOPS44

firm believer
Reaction score
I heard that the Fins were bringing him in for a look. If you sign him you will receive a true professional. A player that overachieves and always produces. He has a knack for the big play despite his lack of size and speed. You'll fall in love with him as a player. I'll root for him to suceed, hopefully it won't be in "teal and orange"(13). It might be time for another ex-Jet to be on the wrong side of "DA Streak".

He would have to come at the right price, as we already have to worry about trying to either get Brian Walker back, or Brock Marion.

I like Victor, he is a hard hitter, but I doubt he will come cheap.

Originally posted by CHOPS44
"teal and orange"(13).

Awe, thank you sooooo much for your support! :lol:

I agree with 87, I am MUCH MORE interested in getting Marion back.......ASAP! :mad:

BTW, what's up with this "nine and counting". I thought the streak was only 8. :confused: Doesn't matter, it will be broken this season. :evil: If not, then I will lose my bet with NYRican and be forced to be photographed in a Jets jersey. :nono: YIKES!!

Originally posted by miadphan13

Awe, thank you sooooo much for your support! :lol:

I agree with 87, I am MUCH MORE interested in getting Marion back.......ASAP! :mad:

BTW, what's up with this "nine and counting". I thought the streak was only 8. :confused: Doesn't matter, it will be broken this season. :evil: If not, then I will lose my bet with NYRican and be forced to be photographed in a Jets jersey. :nono: YIKES!!

It's got nothing to do with the streak. It's the number of times I've complemented you on this site.

Sounds like the Lions really like Walker. Money seems to be major issue with Brock since he is the best S in UFA IMO.

Either way, whether or not we get Green, they are trying to get a l-t deal w/Freeman which means they must really like him: http://www.gopbi.com/sports/football/dolphins/03/3notes.html

The Dolphins have talked with Rosenhaus about an extension for safety Arturo Freeman, who is expected to be a starter at either free or strong safety this season.
and
the Dolphins are looking into other options. Arizona's Corey Chavous is a possibility.

P.S.

I would be OK w/ getting Victor Green to start w/Freeman and having Wooden and Gamble as subs, but I would much prefer Brock and if we extend Freeman and sign Green then Brock is gone :(

Originally posted by dolphan39
Sounds like the Lions really like Walker. Money seems to be major issue with Brock since he is the best S in UFA IMO.

Either way, whether or not we get Green, they are trying to get a l-t deal w/Freeman which means they must really like him: http://www.gopbi.com/sports/football/dolphins/03/3notes.html

and

They can take Walker. I like Freeman, and it would be great to have him paired with Brock or Green full time.

I like Freeman better as a FS, so Green and him would make a good pair of Ss

Originally posted by CHOPS44
It's got nothing to do with the streak. It's the number of times I've complemented you on this site.

WOW
clear.gif
Thanks! Well, keep up the good work! ;)

MARION A MUST!

First off, Chops and 13 need to rent a room!! Secondly, MARION is head and shoulders above Victor Green, Corey Chavous and Arturo Freeman! The PHINS must find a way to resign him!The SECONDARY In all reality, if it's not broken please don't fix it!You have the BEST UNIT IN THE NFL!!! MADISON+ SURTAIN+AND MARION!!! Walker being the odd man out but MARION is such a playmaker and supports the run better than any other free safety in the league!

You mean Victor Green is HEAD, SHOULDERS, CHEST, WAIST, & KNEES above Marion. Green is a tackling machine & a play maker. The past 5 years Green has average more than 4 ints a year, Marion a little more than 2. Green has averaged 105 tackles to Marion's 95. Green has forced 5 fumbles to Marion's 3. Green has averaged nearly 9 pass defense to Marion's 6.5. The only things Marion has on Green is that he's able to return kickoffs, & he's six months younger. It's a no brainer, Victor Green should be our man.

Re: MARION A MUST!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
First off, Chops and 13 need to rent a room!! Secondly, MARION is head and shoulders above Victor Green, Corey Chavous and Arturo Freeman! The PHINS must find a way to resign him!The SECONDARY In all reality, if it's not broken please don't fix it!You have the BEST UNIT IN THE NFL!!! MADISON+ SURTAIN+AND MARION!!! Walker being the odd man out but MARION is such a playmaker and supports the run better than any other free safety in the league!

I totally agree with you about Marion!! :D As far as your first comment, I think that suggestion could get me banned from Pro Player and FinHeaven. :lol:

Re: MARION A MUST!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
First off, Chops and 13 need to rent a room!!

:lol: GOOD ONE:lol:

PHINMASTER.....You said MARION is heads and shoulders above GREEN. NO WAY! Victor Green, in my book; is the second best strong safety in the NFL only behind "The Man" RODNEY HARRISON.

SMADISON29...

I with you all the way on Green. But, only if the price is right. If I could have Green or Marion for the same price, it's a no-brainer that Green should be the one. If that was the situation, the only thing that would keep Marion here over Green is that he already knows the defense and secondary is familiar with each other so continuity would be a big factor. But Victor Green is without a doubt, the better safety of the two.

Back
Top Bottom