Victory lap for Tannehill fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

He always had the physical tools but the game was too fast for him mentally. His first read was perfunctory, not really an option most of the time due to his delay between the brain and the arm. For whatever reason, but he didn’t have the moxie or the “it” factor to really challenge and take over. There were exceptions and flashes of what was possible if he ever took that mythical next step. Well maybe he has, finally. Good for him. I hope he does well and plays up to his potential before he is done. You don’t get six or seven years in this league to figure it out, you’ll be into a third coach, system, receivers and terminology by then and that doesn’t help. The change seems to have done him well. Maybe Rosen will take a similar career path in that he will find his place and turn it on in year six or seven. He also has all the tools but it just hasn’t clicked for him yet.

The Tannehill debacle is all on the Philbin coaching philosophy and failure of the Front Office to surround Tannehill with the right players like Tennessee has. Even Gase failed with his philosophy but at least had Tannehill playing well before he got injured.

Tennessee was the perfect fit for Ryan. They already had a strong running game and one of the better offensive lines in football.

I miss Ryan and wish him well and all the successes he achieves with his new team.

What a waste of time and money for a guy, who everyone knew needed a stronger supporting cast and never got it in Miami. I don't know what Mr. Ross was thinking.

I remember when people were gushing all over Ryan in his second season when he doubled his TD pass total from his rookie year. I never had strong feelings about Tannehill either way. I do think he gets a bum rap here. Injuries completely undercut his progress. Plus he dealt with offensive linemen that thought they were supposed to be turnstiles. I think he is a good QB (as he was in Miami) but will never be great.

I got roasted for years defending him, it's nice to get a little back. Although I won't be nearly as nasty as the haters were.
Same here. Always like RT and defended him on this board many times.
It's now clear that the organization around him was dysfunctional during his tenure with the fins. Happy we didn't ruin his career and that he's found success elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom