View on Ricky from Jet Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

View on Ricky from Jet Fan

Jim Hudson

Let's go Jets
Reaction score
Those of you who are hating on him need to calm down. Although smoking pot was obviously not the best choice, and he did abandon you, remember it is just a game. You do not understand what he was going through with that anxiety disorder. My mother has something very similar, and those goddamn pills can seriously affect you and make it worse sometimes. Pot, unfortunately, does tend to work better, and that was Ricky's choice. He wasn't using it recreationally as you guys tend to think and rip him apart over, he was using it medicinally, and if it was recreational at all I doubt it was much. I know that it wasn't the right choice and he did abandon you, but you have to do what you have to do. I'm glad that he is able to return the NFL, and I hope he continues a great career... outside of the AFC.

Good luck this year, and see you soon...

I know I was just saying to another Fin fan that I wish a jet fan would come by and start another Ricky thread with something that's been said a million times since he quit.

Take it easy on the guy. And some of you Dolphin fans wonder when AFC East rival fans are *******s to us.

Jim Hudson said:
Those of you who are hating on him need to calm down. Although smoking pot was obviously not the best choice, and he did abandon you, remember it is just a game. You do not understand what he was going through with that anxiety disorder. My mother has something very similar, and those goddamn pills can seriously affect you and make it worse sometimes. Pot, unfortunately, does tend to work better, and that was Ricky's choice. He wasn't using it recreationally as you guys tend to think and rip him apart over, he was using it medicinally, and if it was recreational at all I doubt it was much. I know that it wasn't the right choice and he did abandon you, but you have to do what you have to do. I'm glad that he is able to return the NFL, and I hope he continues a great career... outside of the AFC.

I could absolutely relate to what Ricky is going through with Social Anxiety disorder and Paxil. I made a few posts about all of this back in a thread a little while ago. :::looks for it:::

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=79640&page=3&pp=40

My mother has something very similar, and those goddamn pills can seriously affect you and make it worse sometimes.
Yes, it really does seriously affect you and screw up your mind.

Pot, unfortunately, does tend to work better, and that was Ricky's choice.
Yes, I've also tried pot and yes it has worked better. I have never let it become a problem (nor would I), I never became addicted (nor would I), and I haven't used it in probably close to half a year now.

The thing is, I would say that I am more disappointed in Ricky than I am having hatred for him. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hated and was really pissed about what he did to us (the fans and this team) by walking out and letting us down (and by no means am I defending or justifying that whatsoever), but I really can relate to what he must have been going through. I believe there is hope to get better because there was for me... I know not to count on it, but I would like to believe it's a possible. I don't want to go off writing like 20 paragraphs about it again, but if you're interested to see everything I wrote my experiences with Social Anxiety and Paxil... click the link I sent above and just hit Ctrl F and "painnotpleasure". I'm going to cut this short.

Thank you, very good to hear some class from a fellow division rival. Good luck to you guys as well. See you soon enough.

Just thought I'd add to Painnotpleasures comments about all this. Social anxiety, as well as Post Tramatic Stress Disorder are are pure b!tch to live with. The array of emotions can really mess a person up in ways most will never understand. What would really help is for everyone to educate yourselves on these problems, as we, as a nation will be dealing with alot more of these problems with our soon to be war vets entering our neighborhoods and workforce. As an oldtimer Fin fan, and a war vet, I appreciate what Jim had to say, and as a Jets fan, showed some real class posting his opinion. PNP backed it up very well as well, now I'm backing both up. :yell: The best kind of help for these problems, beyond meds, is just understanding and alot of support, especially where it's least expected. If all FinFans can somehow show RW that he can be a great player again, and support his return, it might just save a life! These problems can lead to alot worse than quitting your job! Next week your neighbor could be a vet with one of these problems, and even worse, it could be a family member.

I have PTSD, it's no fun at times, and I'm thankful for those that help me through the bad times. The NFL is just a game, and it pales in comparison to life when things aren't right. Have a heart, someday you'll need someone to return thhat favor! ;)

I have an anxiety disorder...nothing like Ricky's though but without medicine it's a pain in the ***.

Jim Hudson said:

Thanks for your thoughts and welcome to the board. :D

Jim Hudson said:

The pot issue doesn't bother me one bit I have been around people all my life that do it and thier all not bad because of it..It's that he quit on his teammates and us Fans that does..:fire:

Jim Hudson said:

nice first post Jet fan :) im sure their will be nice heated discussions in the future. On this subject I dont know enough to comment.

Back
Top Bottom