Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James

Well, if they drive the price up, they can have him. I hope we're done being the answer to the question every agent has … "which team is dumb enough to give us a ton of money?"

Exactly, honestly hope Minnie push up his asking price to stay so we wake up to the reality that he's not worth extending when there can be cheaper, better and less injury prone options out there.

Like whom?

Wouldn’t really want him on Tagovailoas blind side anyway, comp pick please

Who do you want on Tua's blindside, Sam Young or Jessie Davis?

I'm on the fence here. Imo he's a good player but not a great player and he's missed plenty of games(seems everyone does in Miami). If the price was a good deal for both sides I'd keep him but I doubt it. He will get tons of money from another team. It's a business.

I think he stays but it really is 50/50 at this point.

Money to be had out in the open market . . . . But Minnesota ain’t South Florida.

I have a feeling if we end up with Tua, Tunsil moves to the right side to protect his blind side.
I get the assumption that JuJuan James is better than a potential third round pick, because as the draft progresses the odds are less of nailing quality talent, but there is talent all through every draft. The blanket statement that "James is a much better player than anyone you could get in the third round" is just wrong. We all praise New England for doing things the right way, not overpaying, and getting loads of comp picks, then we say things like that when we copy them. His replacement doesn't have to be drafted in the third. A right tackle can be drafted anywhere, and the comp pick just gives us another opportunity to grab a guy in the third where starters abound - at guard, center, WR, LB, S...all kinds of quality players at those positions in the third. Can't over pay for a "decent" but not alway reliable player.

FYI if we sign Trey Flowers you can pretty much forget about a compensatory pick for James . . . .at least nowhere near this hypthetical third being talked about in here.

I have a feeling if we end up with Tua, Tunsil moves to the right side to protect his blind side.
I get the assumption that JuJuan James is better than a potential third round pick, because as the draft progresses the odds are less of nailing quality talent, but there is talent all through every draft. The blanket statement that "James is a much better player than anyone you could get in the third round" is just wrong. We all praise New England for doing things the right way, not overpaying, and getting loads of comp picks, then we say things like that when we copy them. His replacement doesn't have to be drafted in the third. A right tackle can be drafted anywhere, and the comp pick just gives us another opportunity to grab a guy in the third where starters abound - at guard, center, WR, LB, S...all kinds of quality players at those positions in the third. Can't over pay for a "decent" but not alway reliable player.

I wouldn’t even flirt with the idea of moving Tunsil again. I think it would be a disaster. Look how long it took him to recover last season at LT after playing at LG the year before.

Just a thought, not a big James fan especially for the cost.
So how bout letting James go and getting Daryl Williams. Would think maybe at a reasonable price due to coming off an injury. No rush to get him out there next year and he's 26, 27 Aug. Think now is a great time to start to build that exceptional needed OL with the addition of a RT if James splits and a solid guard this year as essential pieces needed to make a successful ReBuild. IMO. See mostly Defense in the Draft....

Back
Top Bottom