Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James

Never understood the infatuation. The guy misses time and is good for at least 2-3 blowups into the backfield every game. Embarrassing.

And, yes, Jessie Davis was solid last year at RG but has always graded out better at RT.

Any QB of value, I'd think that the powers that be, will have to kick into gear the process and approach in getting a solid OL for one to stand behind for more than 3 seconds or our RB seeing lanes of daylight to run through. See releasing and be ridiculously surprised if we don't see some solid additions there especially if James is gone. Though like tailgun not impressed much with him. Even with another hole filling QB this leadership better be in the understanding of the importance of a solid OL. If not it will be another huge sign of Business as usual and truthfully don't think they are that in the fog.

IMO, think having That solid OL in place with the whoever QB addition is critical to making any positive movement. QB at this time is a cross your fingers approach where as quality OL are there to build on...JMO

I’m sure he can handle Khalil Mack twice a year consistently

He actually had great success in his couple appearances against Mack if I remember correctly. I don't even want us to resign him, just saying.

James is going to be a very rich man soon, I've been trying to tell y'all teams are DESPERATE for just competent tackles, whether it be left or right there simply aren't enough good ones out there so just the decent ones will get PAID.

It's easy to take a good collegiate tackle and make him a good NFL guard, happens all the time. However it doesn't work the other way around, either tackle is a very difficult position to play in the modern NFL, hence the value and incoming ludicrous contracts...

with the contract brown just got, james is going to want something near that. sucks, but he isn't worth more than what he got paid last year

If James was a 3rd round choice I would agree with many of you. He was a 1st round choice that has never been dominate, has been injured, and most importantly to me, had lapses in discipline or concentration that has led to busted plays. If he wants to stay at a reasonable price OK, if he wants a big payday, go break somebody else's hearts...

Wow. I’m actually pretty surprised by the fact that people are OK with him leaving. So we’ll need 4 new starters instead of 3 and people think this is a good thing? Yikes.

Sign him, extend LT, draft two interior

That’s still not that much money wrapped up in the OL

That’s really just one theory though. Bc personally I’m a fan of BPA in the draft

Wow. I’m actually pretty surprised by the fact that people are OK with him leaving. So we’ll need 4 new starters instead of 3 and people think this is a good thing? Yikes.

With proper coaching and talent evaluation finding quality interior guys isnt hard, buuuut Miami msha sucked for awhile at it lol.

With proper coaching and talent evaluation finding quality interior guys isnt hard, buuuut Miami msha sucked for awhile at it lol.

Agreed. But finding good tackles is harder and we want to let a good one walk because he isn’t great? I just don’t get that logic.

Back
Top Bottom