Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James

Word just came out the the Raiders want James as well, watch out.
Doesn't matter at this point. The money is the factor and he is pricing himself out for us. He is a good option but let's not treat him as a great one. I can see Jawaan Taylor from Florida being a realistic option. From what I read is he would be worth the first round pick

Doesn't matter at this point. The money is the factor and he is pricing himself out for us. He is a good option but let's not treat him as a great one. I can see Jawaan Taylor from Florida being a realistic option. From what I read is he would be worth the first round pick

Yea but the point of FA is going into the draft with as few holes as possible.

If we somehow miraculously retain James, that gives us the freedom to take a guy like Ed Oliver if he falls to us which may be a better pick in the long run.

I wanna see this defense become elite more than anything else, if it's between James and Flowers I would lean Flowers which puts the tackle @13 in play, I think we should get 1 of these 2.

Last edited:
Looking forward to even more whining about the offensive line next year.

I don’t understand the point of drafting these players if you never re-sign them.

Much Iike the rest of the world, you get what you pay for. If you go bargain-hunting for offensive linemen, you get a thrift store OL. I guess this explains the years of futility.

I don’t understand the point of drafting these players if you never re-sign them.

Much Iike the rest of the world, you get what you pay for. If you go bargain-hunting for offensive linemen, you get a thrift store OL. I guess this explains the years of futility.

Even worse is using yet another high pick on a RT. Derp.

If we draft a RT in the first it's going to he really difficult to get behind Grier for this rebuild.

Trent Brown...4 years, $66 million.

Donovan Smith 3 years, $41 million.

James shouldn't even talk to the FO unless they have the number 12 behind a dollar sign.

Never fear...Sam Young and Jessie Davis are here. Then we can swap draft picks with the Colts and swap those draft picks with the Raiders, and swap those draft picks with the Browns.

We'll wind up with ten 3rd rounders in this draft and we can fill our o-line and d-line up from there.

I remember last year when I said the numbers were crazy, and the year before that, here is where we are at.

We can always get the ‘mia underestimated the Ol fa market’.

it has nothing to do with underestimating. He is an average right tackle. In the stage of our team, we are better off seeing how Jessie Davis does at RT for 645k over paying 12+M for an average player.

if a player is not elite, we should not be paying big money for him. Let the kids battle it out. That builds character and culture.

Feel like we go thru this every year and every year the UFA market gets underestimated.

Lmao at people saying 5/35 a few weeks ago.

And this is a lesson for X Howard. While signing him early means u get a bit of a deal from the following year as a UFA, it will likely end up a wash financially.

You resign early to avoid alienating the player who doesn’t feel loved playing the final year of his deal with no guarantees.

That’s not what you were saying about x prior. It was who cares if he’s pissed playing on tbe final year of his deal.

Glad you came around on that

It would be so miami to lose james and then promptly use the 13 pick on a right tackle.

Almost expected even

Looks like tbe market reality is starting to kick in for tbe board.

Same thing every year. Sticker price shock

If we draft a RT in the first it's going to he really difficult to get behind Grier for this rebuild.

But what if that RT is elite? So now you’ve upgraded at RT and saved 7 million a year. I understand it’s frustrating but I think paying James 15 million per year would hurt worse.

it has nothing to do with underestimating. He is an average right tackle. In the stage of our team, we are better off seeing how Jessie Davis does at RT for 645k over paying 12+M for an average player.

if a player is not elite, we should not be paying big money for him. Let the kids battle it out. That builds character and culture.

The market for ":an average RT" is what teams will pay for it- we have had this conversation before. "big money" is relative depending on what other players are signing for.

Back
Top Bottom