Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James

So Trent brown got 4 and 66 from who?

The pats?

Wait til Laremy comes up after that 5th year option

Yea but the point of FA is going into the draft with as few holes as possible.

If we somehow miraculously retain James, that gives us the freedom to take a guy like Ed Oliver if he falls to us which may be a better pick in the long run.

I wanna see this defense become elite more than anything else, if it's between James and Flowers I would lean Flowers which puts the tackle @13 in play, I think we should get 1 of these 2.
Well said and I agree. The issue is that this team torpedoed itself with tannebaum handing out poor contracts. Loading up on high priced free agents now doesnt help us fix the issue of depth. We should be handling these contracts before they expire. That was a big issue with tannebaum as he was always a step behind. It's on grief to fix that.

Going to be interesting to see how the draft plays out but by the time we pick, fate may hand us one of the better offensive line players in the draft. But let's cross that road in April

Damn. Mike Mayocks not messing around

Raiders all in.

Probably gonna grab a starting guard with one of those 20s picks to replace osemele
rumored as a landing spot for Le'veon Bell, too

Well this free agency is going to inflate our players future signings a lot...

even if u play good on ur rookie deal. Dolphins don't want pay guy up for a new deal. I don't see James in dolphins uniform this yr. if he hit free agent it over. As player u better get ur money.

That’s not what you were saying about x prior. It was who cares if he’s pissed playing on tbe final year of his deal.

Glad you came around on that

My point with X was at least with him you have a franchise tag option that actually would make sense from a dollars and sense standpoint . . . .if the contract talk got real uncomfortable. With Juwan that is not the case.

But I am always about getting the extension done early with your real homegrown talent. I banged the drum for Jarvis big time.

The market for ":an average RT" is what teams will pay for it- we have had this conversation before. "big money" is relative depending on what other players are signing for.

right, and I don't want to be the team that spends the $$ just because it is what the "market dictates". the best of teams don't fall for that

James is a good, not elite right tackle. Jessie Davis replaced him in 2017 and I didn't see a drop-off.

James is a good, not elite right tackle. Jessie Davis replaced him in 2017 and I didn't see a drop-off.

That's because there wasn't one. At all.

I thought we were stupid not to trade James to Denver back when they were deluded enough to even entertain the idea of swapping with us for Paradis or (at that time) CJ Anderson.

Back
Top Bottom