Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Interested In Free-agent Ot Ja’wuan James

Name the RT that this could possibly be and his possible salary demands.
You misread my post. I wasn’t advocating for different RT, I was advocating for Tua to be drafted by a different team. I know it’s blasphemy to not think Tua is the answer, but I just don’t believe he is. What’s more, I believe even if he fails once drafted, the team will keep him far too long and it will be Tannehill 2.0. I would rather take a shot on a QB this year, and if he fails, write him off and get Lawrence.

As to James, he can walk if he wants too much money. He is acceptable, but far from elite at his position. He is good for 2 or 3 holding calls a game and at least a couple of pressures/sacks. Hard to believe that kind of production is irreplaceable.

You misread my post. I wasn’t advocating for different RT, I was advocating for Tua to be drafted by a different team. I know it’s blasphemy to not think Tua is the answer, but I just don’t believe he is. What’s more, I believe even if he fails once drafted, the team will keep him far too long and it will be Tannehill 2.0. I would rather take a shot on a QB this year, and if he fails, write him off and get Lawrence.

As to James, he can walk if he wants too much money. He is acceptable, but far from elite at his position. He is good for 2 or 3 holding calls a game and at least a couple of pressures/sacks. Hard to believe that kind of production is irreplaceable.

Your bias against James is showing...either that or you don't want to pay but one person on the o line because Jaamew has 4 holding calls all season (Tunsil had 2).

Either way, this is our position...taking a RT at 13, because I doubt if Davis starts and finishes at RT.

I wanted him to stay, mainly because he was solid, not great, but solid. And it wouldn't have opened up yet another need in the draft.

Good luck in Denver.

Your bias against James is showing...either that or you don't want to pay but one person on the o line because Jaamew has 4 holding calls all season (Tunsil had 2).

Either way, this is our position...taking a RT at 13, because I doubt if Davis starts and finishes at RT.

What bias? Do you think James is an elite RT? There are plenty of breakdowns in his game. The equation is simple, if he is elite, pay him as such. If he isn’t elite don’t overpay. Your position seems based on blowing a first rounder on RT, but where is that written in stone? The Dolphins can pick an RT as late as they want.

What bias? Do you think James is an elite RT? There are plenty of breakdowns in his game. The equation is simple, if he is elite, pay him as such. If he isn’t elite don’t overpay. Your position seems based on blowing a first rounder on RT, but where is that written in stone? The Dolphins can pick an RT as late as they want.

What bias? I'll ignore that...

No...he's not elite. He is a top 10 RT in the league, top RT in the draft, which makes him elite in this market.

The mistake that his naysayers have is saying that you are paying James as if hes elite while ignoring the cap and comparing James 6o other RT under contract. Schwartz and Johndon might break the bank...fir slightly better production than James...and you'll be fine with that because Cris Collingsworth told you he was worth it.

Its a lovefest for Tunsil,and I'm fine with that. It wasn't too long ago that Tunsil couldn't stop the false starts if you paid him...AND the gas mask incident. Yet people have deemed him a cornerstone of the franchise...again, I'm fine with that.

What bias? I'll ignore that...

No...he's not elite. He is a top 10 RT in the league, top RT in the draft, which makes him elite in this market.

The mistake that his naysayers have is saying that you are paying James as if hes elite while ignoring the cap and comparing James 6o other RT under contract. Schwartz and Johndon might break the bank...fir slightly better production than James...and you'll be fine with that because Cris Collingsworth told you he was worth it.

Its a lovefest for Tunsil,and I'm fine with that. It wasn't too long ago that Tunsil couldn't stop the false starts if you paid him...AND the gas mask incident. Yet people have deemed him a cornerstone of the franchise...again, I'm fine with that.

If you are going to drop a bias accusation on me, then at least explain yourself. What are you trying to imply, exactly?

You say James is a top 10 tackle? Ok. Got any evidence for that? Two teams have expressed interest, but it isn’t like the door is being beaten down for him. Also, when did I express a great love for Tunsil? Tunsil struggled last year, but there is no denying that some of that has to be the result of being played out of his natural position for so long. He hasn’t even played out his rookie deal yet!

Draft another RT and let James walk if he wants too much money.

If you are going to drop a bias accusation on me, then at least explain yourself. What are you trying to imply, exactly?

You say James is a top 10 tackle? Ok. Got any evidence for that? Two teams have expressed interest, but it isn’t like the door is being beaten down for him. Also, when did I express a great love for Tunsil? Tunsil struggled last year, but there is no denying that some of that has to be the result of being played out of his natural position for so long. He hasn’t even played out his rookie deal yet!

He's already gone man.

You're biased against him because facts won't pull your "He's just a JAG" opinion of him off of the floor. He was arguably the best RT on the market. The FO and coaching staff seem to agree with that. The signing didn't happened because of the price point, but the desire for him to remain from people whose football acumen is probably better than yours, was there.

You heard two teams were interested...I heard four (Broncos, Giants, Texans, and Dolphins)...and?

Now , on one hand...you ask when did you express your love for Tunsil. I answer with when you copped a plea about him being in his position. That's an excuse that you are trying to dress up as a reason for him and his problem with false starts.

For the record, Insaid he was a top 10 RIGHT TACKLE, and the best RIGHT TACKLE in this free agency. If you have evidence otherwise...present it.

Back
Top Bottom