Vikings loose Burelson-trade partner at 17? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings loose Burelson-trade partner at 17?

dolphinzen

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Since the Vikings lost Burelson to the Seahawks (RFA tender) - it leaves them with a gaping hole at WR. We need a WR but not as much as the Vikings do. Opportunity knocks.

The Vikings may think we'll take the remaining top receiver...Jackson or Holmes and trade with us. We fall back one spot and take a corner while gaining a 4th round pick.

This I believe is realistic.

Possible. Have to wait and see if Denver manages to trade for Javon Walker, if not Jackson and Holmes could both be gone already.

wasn't it minnesota we traded a fourth to to move up and get carey? If so, that would be poetic justice...

Psychosikes said:
wasn't it minnesota we traded a fourth to to move up and get carey? If so, that would be poetic justice...

and get our second rounder back.:D

I doubt they make the trade. It isn't a huge need of theirs. They had the emergence of Koren Robinson last year and they spent their 1st last year on Troy Williamson. Then there is Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor and a GOOD prospect in Aaron Hosack who is playing pretty well in NFL Europe. Remember, as of now, they have 5 picks on day one, any of those can go to a WR so I doubt they trade up with us especially being in position to take any of the 3 LB's in the area, Carpenter, Sims, and Greenway.

i dont see minny moving up one spot for a receiver. one or both could be gone. plus consecutive first round receivers and they are on there way to becoming the lions. id look for the vikings to probably go defense, probably linebacker with their first round pick.

dolphinzen said:
Since the Vikings lost Burelson to the Seahawks (RFA tender) - it leaves them with a gaping hole at WR. We need a WR but not as much as the Vikings do. Opportunity knocks.

The Vikings may think we'll take the remaining top receiver...Jackson or Holmes and trade with us. We fall back one spot and take a corner while gaining a 4th round pick.

This I believe is realistic.
Let's hope the viking are foolish enough to trade with us and then take holmes or jackson{WR}. they are not worth picking that early in the draft,maybe the 25th-32pick,but not 16th. Lets hope some one wants to trade with us,maybe philly they need a wr also.

madmike said:
Let's hope the viking are foolish enough to trade with us and then take holmes or jackson{WR}. they are not worth picking that early in the draft,maybe the 25th-32pick,but not 16th. Lets hope some one wants to trade with us,maybe philly they need a wr also.

uh they have 13th pick i believe.

Phily like adding to their defense, they signed Gaffney so they could be enough for them not to draft a WR. It is the eagles after all.

WelcomeBack said:
I doubt they make the trade. It isn't a huge need of theirs. They had the emergence of Koren Robinson last year and they spent their 1st last year on Troy Williamson. Then there is Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor and a GOOD prospect in Aaron Hosack who is playing pretty well in NFL Europe. Remember, as of now, they have 5 picks on day one, any of those can go to a WR so I doubt they trade up with us especially being in position to take any of the 3 LB's in the area, Carpenter, Sims, and Greenway.
I tend to agree...

not like Minny is one piece away from a post season run... seems like they got a huge hole at the most important area of their offense... QB...

Didn't the Vikings draft 6'1 Troy Williamson last season in the first round? I don't think they are going WR in the first round this season, they aren't the Detroit Lions.

Troy only started 3 games last season, and was kept on the bench most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom