Vikings Wholesale | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Wholesale

Harrison Smith please god! Ngakoue would have been perfect for this team.
Do we really need to pay a 31 year old free safety 9 million dollars when Bobby Mccain is playing (dare I say) well?

We need immediate help the most at ILB, DT, and slot WR. If we are going to trade for a player over 30, I'd prefer they play those positions.

I am more flexible if the player is younger.

I can't see them trading Dalvin Cook after they just signed him to a huge extension. They will build around him.
I'd normally agree, but they just gave up a 2nd rounder for Ngakoue and traded him for a presumably extremely late 3rd.

They weren't thinking wholesaling when they gave Cook that extension.

Do we really need to pay a 31 year old free safety 9 million dollars when Bobby Mccain is playing (dare I say) well?

We need immediate help the most at ILB, DT, and slot WR. If we are going to trade for a player over 30, I'd prefer they play those positions.

I am more flexible if the player is younger.

Exactly! Would go completley against this teams under 30 years of age approach they've crafted.

Get Harrison Smith immediately
, but this aint Madden:(

Smith looks a little long in the tooth this year.

pretty much that entire team does. They got a bunch of older vets trending down. Or headed there soon. Doesn’t make much sense for us frankly

they won’t give you jefferson so don’t ask lol nor will they give you tbe center Bradford

What an awful contract they gave him. I think they are already on the hook for like $23 million next season? And if he’s there then following season it’s $30+ guaranteed? Something like that I heard.
You are correct. The Vikings are in salary cap hell and it is self inflicted. They were desperate for a QB and the ridiculous over the top guaranteed payment to Kirk Cousins is the root cause but there are other overpaid players, as well. Trading Ngakoue is just the admission that they know they're in deep sh*t. BTW, the Vikings are not alone - The New Orleans Saints are something like $70M over the cap projected for next year and they face further massive dead cap hit if/when Drew Brees retires.
Terrific learning for the Dolphins (and every other team) re the Vikings mess is that if you are going to pay top dollar and guarantee massive amounts to an emerging QB, you have to be absolutely bloody certain that (a) he really is that good and (b) there is a possible exit clause in the contract if he turns out to be a relative dud who just doesn't win games. Full marks to Washington. They knew what Cousins was and what he was not - they took a lot of heat for not committing to him long term. The Vikings will take 3 years to fully recover unless they accelerate it via blowing things up combined with a full tanking.

BTW I just checked on Spotrac - if the Vikings were to cut ties with Kirk Cousins today they would incur a dead cap hit of $62M - ie they can't get out. Cousins is not a death adder with a single deadly strike, he's more like a giant boa constrictor who is financially slowly squeezing the life out of team, the coach, Zimmer from lack of wins and ultimately the GM, Spielman is fully exposed for making the deal.

Thank God das wunderkind (Gase) and Mike Tannenbaum never pursued Kirk Cousins.

Last edited:
It was inevitable Spielman would start to clean house. He built a good team, which had a nice run. But unfortunately time has run its course for the Vikings. Time to dump the chunks and rebuild.

As for Miami, Minnesota has nothing to offer.

Back
Top Bottom