Vikings Wholesale | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Wholesale

Harrison Smith is the one I'd be interested in. At the same time, Miami's secondary is playing well.

I have always liked Eric Kendricks, in fact the Vikes snatched him in front of us back in 2015.

Considering they just acquired the player for a second rounder, I’m not sure I’m giving the Vikes too much credit here.
Well... in their defense. At that point, they thought they'd be competitive. ...and they were last year, I don't know that there is a team in the NFL that has declined so much from last year to this year.

Terrific learning for the Dolphins (and every other team) re the Vikings mess is that if you are going to pay top dollar and guarantee massive amounts to an emerging QB, you have to be absolutely bloody certain that (a) he really is that good and (b) there is a possible exit clause in the contract if he turns out to be a relative dud who just doesn't win games. Full marks to Washington. They knew what Cousins was and what he was not - they took a lot of heat for not committing to him long term. The Vikings will take 3 years to fully recover unless they accelerate it via blowing things up combined with a full tanking.

THIS

The Salary cap is REAL... and after going up every single year since it was implemented, it is going DOWN next year and it is going to absolutely destroy a few teams who have pretended that judgement day will never come.

Next year will be an absolute BUYER'S market for those who have cash available.

I would trade them Houston’s 2nd and maybe a 5th for their first rounder, Kirk Cousins and them agreeing to swallow 30% of the dead money and I’ll take on the rest.

They would also have to take Jordan Howard and his remaining 2.5Mish for the rest of this season.

Surprised there isn't more interested in Thielen.

I agree Kendricks would be awesome but he is still young, they can build around him so we would have to over pay. I don't like him that much.

Well hopefully, the Vikings will give the Jets a race to the bottom.

We're a rebuilding team, we want youth, youth, and youth. I don't see us trading for any established players. A year or two from now, sure ... but not now. We have a LOT of draft picks in the 2021 draft, so our team is not done building. We're looking directly at you pass rushers!

Back
Top Bottom