Vikings Wholesale | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vikings Wholesale

Forget it, no Cook. Don’t want anyone’s RB. Draft em every four years and churn and burn them. I‘m up for Thielen though

I would trade them Houston’s 2nd and maybe a 5th for their first rounder, Kirk Cousins and them agreeing to swallow 30% of the dead money and I’ll take on the rest.

They would also have to take Jordan Howard and his remaining 2.5Mish for the rest of this season.
What the hell are you eating/smoking/snorting, dude? The salary cap is going down in 2021, because of the massive decline across the board in attendance revenue. Now is definitely not the time to absorb a massive hit taking on 70% of Kirk Cousins ridiculous contract (as if the Vikings would give up their projected high 1st round Draft pick). Cousins is a dud because he doesn't win games - we need to keep as far away from him as possible. Now is the time for relative fiscal conservatism to be able to pounce on some terrific opportunities that are going to surface next season.

What the hell are you eating/smoking/snorting, dude? The salary cap is going down in 2021, because of the massive decline across the board in attendance revenue. Now is definitely not the time to absorb a massive hit taking on 70% of Kirk Cousins ridiculous contract (as if the Vikings would give up their projected high 1st round Draft pick). Cousins is a dud because he doesn't win games - we need to keep as far away from him as possible. Now is the time for relative fiscal conservatism to be able to pounce on some terrific opportunities that are going to surface next season.
That’s cool, I’m taking Minnesota’s 3rd or 4th overall pick. I may be in the minority but I don’t believe the cap will change much. Ya they would be nuts to do the deal, that’s why I would do it......because they wouldn’t.

It’s not good for anyone if the cap goes down, so I don’t expect it to.

And to answer your initial question......it’s purple.

I’ll take that rook wr out of LSU. They won’t trade him though.

I wouldn’t trade for Cook, he’s not durable enough and it’s crazy to say but dude could already be past his prime in the nfl at 25.

That’s cool, I’m taking Minnesota’s 3rd or 4th overall pick. I may be in the minority but I don’t believe the cap will change much. Ya they would be nuts to do the deal, that’s why I would do it......because they wouldn’t.

It’s not good for anyone if the cap goes down, so I don’t expect it to.

And to answer your initial question......it’s purple.
All of the team owners are businessmen. The NFL is currently taking a big financial hit from the decline in attendance revenue. We are not talking about a little hiccup, it's a big decline. The owners have already agreed among themselves that they will decrease the 2021 salary cap as the fiscal measure to overcome the 2020 shortfall. Yes, the owners are all billionaires but believe it or not, they unite when it financially affects all of them and their solution is to cut costs. OK, you don't expect the salary cap to go down, but the reality is that it will, because the NFL is run as a business.
I don't have the actual data on the projected attendance revenue shortfall but we are talking many $billions. On top of that the lack of attendance also means a decline in revenue generated at every game because of the decline in people spending money at games on food, drink, parking, buying gear, etc.
The salary cap is declining in 2021 as a pure business decision.

Last edited:
I’ll take that rook wr out of LSU. They won’t trade him though.

I wouldn’t trade for Cook, he’s not durable enough and it’s crazy to say but dude could already be past his prime in the nfl at 25.
He's leading the league in rushing TD's so far with 7 (we have 6 rushing TD's as a team and 2 are from Fitz) and is 3rd in rushing yards. Looks like he's having a second prime.

All of the team owners are businessmen. The NFL is currently taking a big financial hit from the decline in attendance revenue. We are not talking about a little hiccup, it's a big decline. The owners have already agreed among themselves that they will decrease the 2021 salary cap as the fiscal measure to overcome the 2020 shortfall. Yes, the owners are all billionaires but believe it or not, they unite when it financially affects all of them. OK, you don't expect the salary cap to go down, but it will, because the NFL is run as a business.
Ya but contracts are also signed already.

The Philadelphia Eagles don’t want the cap to go down.

The Chiefs and Rams can’t afford for the cap to go down.

Stephen Ross doesn’t want the cap to go down.

Mahomes and Watson deals speak volumes in my opinion.

And you said it yourself about that Minnesota pick, it’s too valuable to give up for what I proposed.

The way they man handled the Seahawks a few weeks ago. It was surprising how bad they lost to the Falcons at home. The coach has been there awhile so who knows maybe they are tuning him out.

The cap is DEFINITELY going down... now, the Player's association may step in and request a plan the averages the shortfall against the expected revenue increase in following years... but short term, it is going down.

...and even if it didn't. Many teams have budgeted with the idea that it would go up every year and they are in trouble if it even stayed the same for a year. Like a real estate investor before the crash...

There’s about to be a big need for bridges QBs in the NFL.

Big Ben, Big Baby (Brady), Brees, Rivers have one foot out the door,

Lock, Minshew, Mayfield, Darnold, Jones don’t appear to have bright futures.

Foles, Stafford can hang on how much longer?

If I’m on the hook for $30 million over 2 years on Cousins, I am pretty confident I can find someone happy to half that.

I want that pick Minnesota, call me.

I’d give them a third round pick for a guy on their IR.. and that’s Anthony Barr

Unless it was to help get them a QB, Jefferson’s not really tradable. Now if you want to take on Kirks deal, maybe you can give them our 2nd and a 5th for Jefferson, Cousins and I’ll take a 2022 3rd.

Looking at our top 15 paid players, we can save a heck of a lot of cap space next year with dead wait that needs upgrading.

Grant, Hurns, Wilson, McCain and Howard appear to save another $16M off the cap.

After those guys are released, the cap looks very strong with no real bad deals on the books. Then after that your looking at Rowe, Davis and likely after 2021, Ereck Flowers.

I can do a deal with Cousins involved.

Unless it was to help get them a QB, Jefferson’s not really tradable. Now if you want to take on Kirks deal, maybe you can give them our 2nd and a 5th for Jefferson, Cousins and I’ll take a 2022 3rd.

Looking at our top 15 paid players, we can save a heck of a lot of cap space next year with dead wait that needs upgrading.

Grant, Hurns, Wilson, McCain and Howard appear to save another $16M off the cap.

After those guys are released, the cap looks very strong with no real bad deals on the books. Then after that your looking at Rowe, Davis and likely after 2021, Ereck Flowers.

I can do a deal with Cousins involved.

You scared me when you mentioned Howard I thought you meant Xavien but you're talking about Jordan. That's a very interesting scenario. You wouldn't include Fitz in that package.

I would consider Jaleel Johnson DT as rotational type player for a RD6 Pick. He comes cheap at about $700k yr.

Back
Top Bottom