Vilma... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vilma...

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
does not look strong tonight at all... i've watched him overrun 3 plays for big gainers, and he barely lunged at Dillon on his TD run, under pursuing that one... for all the crap we hear about Vilma being a "way better" player than Zach, ummm.... well.... no... he's not...

He has played 10 more quarters than zach and yet has less tackles. In fact just fletcher from buffalo has more tackles(2) than zach and in 10 more quarters also. But of course the important stat is tackles for losses.

No where are all those threads about ogun having more sacks than JT. Yeah where are they now. Silly kids and there negative posts.

He was missing Ellis and Robertson, who are very good at taking on blockers. For the season, the loss of Ferguson has hit harder than expected. He's basically been playing with average or below average LBs on each side of him, and is not getting any protection from the guys up front. Yet, for the season, he has still done a fairly good job.

in my opinion, pursuit angles on outside runs are not such a function of the talent of the D-linemen in front of you... good DTs or bad, overrunning a RB in space who you are assigned to is your own fault as an LB...

don't get me wrong, he's an excellent football player... i loved him at 'the U'...

i'm just saying... in-his-prime Jonathan Vilma is not "way better" than 32-year-old Zach Thomas... he just isn't...

PressCoverage said:
in my opinion, pursuit angles on outside runs are not such a function of the talent of the D-linemen in front of you... good DTs or bad, overrunning a RB in space who you are assigned to is your own fault as an LB...

I understand that, I was talking more for the entire season. You made a valid point, because he did look bad in that one game. For the season though, his problem has been a lack of support from the DTs.

PressCoverage said:
does not look strong tonight at all... i've watched him overrun 3 plays for big gainers, and he barely lunged at Dillon on his TD run, under pursuing that one... for all the crap we hear about Vilma being a "way better" player than Zach, ummm.... well.... no... he's not...

he had 17 tackles(13 solos) and half a sack, a week earlier b/c Zach had a couple of nice hits you guys thought he played great against the jets when he was run over 3 times by Cedric Houston and finished w/ 11 tackels(6 solos). Like I have always said tackles can be misleading and Vilma had more opportunities but I didn't see JV missing tackles like I did Zach and zach also was frustrated and got a blatant cheap shot on Jolley but Zach is the greatest, right?

i'm just saying... in-his-prime Jonathan Vilma is not "way better" than 32-year-old Zach Thomas... he just isn't...

Not YET, he should be but he is better than him now and was better a year ago but Zach is not the same player he was 5 years ago. He's still good but not as good as he was.

nyjunc said:
he had 17 tackles(13 solos) and half a sack, a week earlier b/c Zach had a couple of nice hits you guys thought he played great against the jets when he was run over 3 times by Cedric Houston and finished w/ 11 tackels(6 solos). Like I have always said tackles can be misleading and Vilma had more opportunities but I didn't see JV missing tackles like I did Zach and zach also was frustrated and got a blatant cheap shot on Jolley but Zach is the greatest, right?

Not YET, he should be but he is better than him now and was better a year ago but Zach is not the same player he was 5 years ago. He's still good but not as good as he was.

I'd take today's Zach over Vilma any day.....

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
I'd take today's Zach over Vilma any day.....

I love Zach, and for one season I would take him over Vilma anyway. But for a franchise Vilma is in his early 20's, and Zach is in his early 30's. You decide...

nyjunc said:

You didn't see JV missing tackles, that's because you chose not to acknowledge them, or didn't watch the first half of the pats game at your building very closely.... your MLB whiffed on several Dillon/Faulk runs last week... and he made a half-assed attempt on Dillon's short touchdown run... please don't exaggerate by suggesting a significant portion of anyone here said Zach was "the greatest", nor that people said Zach had a great game against the Jets....

the point is: he's not "way worse" than Vilma... which you've just now admitted... even now with Zach at 32, i'd say they're quite equal in overall production when they're on the field...

the point is: he's not "way worse" than Vilma... which you've just now admitted... even now with Zach at 32, i'd say they're quite equal in overall production when they're on the field...

I am brgging you to find my posts where I say Vilma is alot better than Zach. PLEASE find them and post the link. You'll be looking for a while b/c I never wrote it. I said Vilma was better than Zach last year and is better now, I never said Vilma was as good as Zach at his peak(yet, I think he'll get there) and I never said Zach was bad now just not as good as he used to be although he is still good.

i like vilma, he's a great player, its just a shame he plays for a rival team

Back
Top Bottom