Vinatieri's "Field Goal" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vinatieri's "Field Goal"

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is it just me or was that field goal not good? It looked very close to me. I bet that for a bunch of other teams, that field goal would have been not good. In the end, it wouldn't of mattered and we would have lost anyway, but I have my doubts about that field goal.

Much like the Patriot claims of the screwed up coin toss, it doesn't really matter.

For what it's worth, my understanding of the rule they rushed through saying on TV is that the kick should have been ruled no good...

I live in Boston and I read that the botched coin toss was not botched at all. I read that the Pats were acting to try to confuse the officials. Either way it didn't matter.

The field goal was no good. Like others have said, it doesn't matter. We lost 12-0, not 3-0.

Actually it would have mattered. If it were 0-0 with about 6 to play instead of 3-0, we wouldn't have gone to full frontal attack by passing, which wouldn't have led to the INT. That was a very important and serious play of the game.

I say the same thing; that field game changes the game plan of our whole team. But, bad calls are made through out the league (especially this year, damn CBA) and we had plenty of time to come back. Our team seems to lack that next gear to get things going.

I really have no clue what our problem is, and if I did, I would be on the phone with Wayne now. I'm upset that we seem to lose these games, but I'm hopeful the team can pull together.

Let's win our next 3 and see what happens.

WE HAD THREE QUARTERS TO DO SOMETHING. The field goal was not important today. Our players lack of heart and determination is what did us in. We are our own worst enemy, year after year after year.

I've been a Phin fan since 1994 and have known nothing in football but heart break. This organization is just... headed down the ****ter. I wish we could just start all over. What to do now?

WE HAD THREE QUARTERS TO DO SOMETHING. The field goal was not important today. Our players lack of heart and determination is what did us in. We are our own worst enemy, year after year after year.

We did what we could with what the coaches allowed us to do. Our defense shut them out (that FG was no good). Our defense showed heart but our weakness is still the oline & it showed by poor play from Smith, Perry, & Wade. I'm a Fiedler hater & he did what he could considering the elements & 3 of the 4 TOs weren't his fault.

definitely with the weather and conservativeness....there is no question that that FG impacted the field position, this game was a field position battle....

That field goal was NOT GOOD.

And yes it does matter because it was the only points scored by their offense, the other 9 points they had came from our offense, so it changed the complexity of the game entirely.

I hope that offical gets suspended, he obviously was just trying to get out of the endzone alive by those Patsie fans throwing ice balls.

Back
Top Bottom