Vince Wilfork: I'm A Dolphins Fan Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Wilfork: I'm A Dolphins Fan Now

I wish we had drafted him instead of Carey
I'm friends with Vernon's Dad Vince. I liked him but he never really played up to the hype he got coming outta Miami. He was a solid player, just not dominating. I have the facemask he wore on his helmet against the Steelers, played on my birthday.

I went to middle school and high school with vince, my brother was a friend of his. He was always a buffalo fan for some reason.

I liked him but he never really played up to the hype he got coming outta Miami. He was a solid player, just not dominating.

I don't know...when you're the 21st pick in the draft and end up doing some nationwide TV commercials, I think that's an indication you fulfilled and beyond.

Let's see...5 Pro Bowls, 1 First Team All-Pro, and numerous Second Team All-Pro.

I think I'd take that for a Dolphins draftee. NFL Network didn't start that Top 100 list until 2011. Wilfork was way up there those first few years even though it was later in his career. He definitely would have been included annually if it had started in let's say 2007.

I don't know...when you're the 21st pick in the draft and end up doing some nationwide TV commercials, I think that's an indication you fulfilled and beyond.

Let's see...5 Pro Bowls, 1 First Team All-Pro, and numerous Second Team All-Pro.

I think I'd take that for a Dolphins draftee. NFL Network didn't start that Top 100 list until 2011. Wilfork was way up there those first few years even though it was later in his career. He definitely would have been included annually if it had started in let's say 2007.
I was talking about Vernon Carey...

Really should have been a Miami Dolphin. Team took Vernon Carey instead. Carey wasn't bad, but I really wanted Wilfork there.

Really should have been a Miami Dolphin. Team took Vernon Carey instead. Carey wasn't bad, but I really wanted Wilfork there.
And on top of that we traded a 4th round pick to move up ONE freaking spot to take him when we could have gotten a much better player in Wilfork without giving out any picks but that was wanny for you. Wanny used to like drafting RT's high. Another year he drafted Todd Wade in the 2nd round(we didn't have a 1st round pick that year).

Back
Top Bottom