Vince Young A Lottery Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young A Lottery Pick

Ghetti13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I know I am playing devil's advocate here, but, if Michael Vick can go high, why can't Vince Young?

I would not have said that last year. The 2004 Vince Young had the serious athletic skills....of course. He had improved his passing, but he was still a liability. He was fun to watch but a fringe quarterback prospect.

The 2005 Vince Young is a much improved passer. It appears that he worked extremely hard during the offseason to take the next step.

He shows adequate arm strength, good poise, and much improved accuracy.

Now, Vince has some detractors. I am not sure about his arm strength and he may need alot of work reading defenses and fine tuning his accuracy. So, if that is the case, why would anyone draft him so high?

Because the same could have been said about Michael Vick, minus the touch passes and plus the arm strength.

So I pose this question to you. If you are a team in need of a quarterback and you are smart enough to know that you should not play any rookie qb his first year or so anyways, do you draft Vince Young at No. 2 in the draft?

you know there is no lottery in the NFL right?

sorry had to do it....

Young wont be a high draft pick this year i wouldnt think, he needs to stay his senior year and continue to improve...if he does that, he will be a very high pick with his talent.

Did you know what I meant by saying lottery pick? It sounded better than Top Five Pick.

By the way, thank god there is no lottery. What a fraud that is for bad teams.

I wouldn't draft him at #2. He' definitely top 15, maybe top 10 material though.

Ghetti13 said:
I know I am playing devil's advocate here, but, if Michael Vick can go high, why can't Vince Young?

I would not have said that last year. The 2004 Vince Young had the serious athletic skills....of course. He had improved his passing, but he was still a liability. He was fun to watch but a fringe quarterback prospect.

The 2005 Vince Young is a much improved passer. It appears that he worked extremely hard during the offseason to take the next step.

He shows adequate arm strength, good poise, and much improved accuracy.

Now, Vince has some detractors. I am not sure about his arm strength and he may need alot of work reading defenses and fine tuning his accuracy. So, if that is the case, why would anyone draft him so high?

Because the same could have been said about Michael Vick, minus the touch passes and plus the arm strength.

So I pose this question to you. If you are a team in need of a quarterback and you are smart enough to know that you should not play any rookie qb his first year or so anyways, do you draft Vince Young at No. 2 in the draft?

Probably not #2 overall, but if I was picking 10-15 I'd roll the dice. Have to admit he's about as exciting a prospect as he is out there, though. The guy is amazing. With a good qb coach I think he could smooth out the rough spots and there are quite a few. A good qb coach, sitting a year behind a vet, and maybe a stint in NFL Europe and who knows.

Young will stay next year. It's completely the word around campus and there's no real thought that he'll leave. I think he'll pick up the scraps this season, stun USC in the championship game and then come back next season with even higher expectations riding on him (is that possible).

Overrated...Hes still not that good of a passer and he relies on his awesome offensive line. In an nfl environment when your offensive line can only give you 3 seconds of protection he'll look like a deer in the headlights. I was impressed on the way he played ohio state but there only a good team [ohio state] cause we've pegged them to be. Until Vince Young goes into usc and single handily beats that team which i believe he cant and he wont, then hes still over rated in my book. Same with marcus vick...im really getting sick of these 1 year college wonders. Everybodys dissing matt leinart but this is his 3rd year and he could very well be on his way to his 3rd national title, and 2nd heisman and if so could go down in history as the greatest college qb of all time just with those things going for him. Hes looked great in his career and though he doesnt have dan marino arm strength hes got simliar arm strength to tom brady and accuracy simliar as well.

I hate Vince Young with a passion :fire:

If I have to see him in aqua & orange in the NFL I will puke

plays in a joke of an offense with fantastic blocking, doesn't read defenses, and takes off before the routes can develop

Back
Top Bottom