Vince Young leading canidate for MVP? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young leading canidate for MVP?

I'd give it to Young based on the impact he's had on his team. It goes far beyond the stats, he's energized that team. I also think Colston has benefited from Horn and Bush from Deuce. Meanwhile, VY is stuck on the talentless Titans offense, throwing to Bobby Wade and Drew Bennett. I can't wait to see what he does once he has a legit number 1 and number 2 receiver.

Roman529 said:
You're forgetting about Reggie Bush of the Saints..he will be ROY.

Reggie is awesome, but c'mon Romie, other than that 4 td game, what has he done?

HysterikiLL said:
Reggie is awesome, but c'mon Romie, other than that 4 td game, what has he done?

He's turned a crappy team into a playoff team....that's what he's done.

Roman529 said:

Marques Colston has had a far greater impact on the Saints than Reggie Bush. Prior to his ankle sprain, he was leading the entire league in receiving yards and had 7 TD's. In fact, his development allowed the Saints to trade Donte' Stallworth to Philadelphia in exchange for a starting LB and a third-round pick. Bush has caught a lot of short passes but is only getting 3.1 ypc.

The Rookie of the Year race is between Colston and Young.

Roman529 said:

I like Reggie Bush just as much as you but the saints had a overhaul starting with the head coach, Drew Brees and Duece back from injury.

I think Vince will definitely win the Cy Young

HysterikiLL said:

He has 73 receptions on the year. Hes not running that great but hes certainly making a impact on the Saints.

Vince Young is overachieving right now! He will be brought down to level soon with a bad game! If not, someone can put this in my face by quoting me but I think people our getting to high of hopes sinces hes come up with some huge games!

wazzy said:
Vince Young is overachieving right now! He will be brought down to level soon with a bad game! If not, someone can put this in my face by quoting me but I think people our getting to high of hopes sinces hes come up with some huge games!
Young isn't overachieving, you just have a very incorrect analysis of his skills and talent. He's pretty much doing the same thing he did in college, its just that people thought it wouldn't work in the NFL, but suprise surprise it does. Once he gets the playbook down and has a more natural feel for the flow of an NFL level game, he will be a very decent QB. Not to mention it wouldn't hurt for the Titans to get more talented players on that offense, particularly at the RB, OL, and TE positions. NFL is too competitive for it to continuously be a one man show.

byroan said:
I like Marques Colston for ROY myself. You can't get that kind of production from a WR drafted in the 1st let alone the 7th round.
Thank you. I can't believe it took 15 posts for someone to remember who this guy is!

Roman529 said:

His 3.1 yards per rush has turned them from a crappy team to a playoff team? Or was that Marques Colston's spectacular play, Deuce McAllister healthy, Drew Brees' MVP caliber season, and Sean Payton's aggressive schemes and play calling that turned them around?

I will concede though, that Bush has been a big part of that team. If he can get a few more TDs, he should be in the ROY mix due to his all-round abilities. At least in the NFC ROY race, but as much as I love Reggie, I still don't think he's been enough to win it on what he has done yet. I guess the difference between Reggie and Vince is that Bush has been surrounded by great players who have helped that team win, and he's been fit into the right situations whereas Vince was thrown into an 0-3 teams QB role and told "go win" with a very little supporting cast.

Back
Top Bottom