Vince Young leading canidate for MVP? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young leading canidate for MVP?

Seriously, they might as well have a special teams rookie of the year with all the big play rookies on special teams this year... Bush, Jones-Drew, Hester

Uh. Way to show the same set of clips over and over again.

byroan said:
I like Marques Colston for ROY myself. You can't get that kind of production from a WR drafted in the 1st let alone the 7th round.

Someone else also, but he won't get it because of his position, is Mangold the C on the Jets, he has played great.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Someone else also, but he won't get it because of his position, is Mangold the C on the Jets, he has played great.

Same goes for Marcus McNeill.

Somebody needs to edit the thread title, I busted out laughing when I saw that. :lol:

byroan said:
I like Marques Colston for ROY myself. You can't get that kind of production from a WR drafted in the 1st let alone the 7th round.

15 posts in this thread before someone cut through the hype machine crap and gave the name of the REAL rookie of the year.

It's between LT, Brees and Welker. These last few games will decide it.

Reggie Bush: ROY, Say what?

Reggie Bush is not even the best rookie on his own team, let alone ROY material. Colston, Jones-Drew, Young, Addai, Maroney, Ferguson, Lineart, Mangold, or half a dozen other rookies would win ROY before Reggie Bush. Bush has frankly been a huge disappointment. He entered the league with more hype then any player with the possible exception of Michael Vick. No one has been hyped more and delivered less. He was the second overall pick. Signed a $51 mil. contract with $26 mil. in guarantees, and has more endorsements then LaDainian Tomlinson, and for that money and the #2 pick, the Saints got themselves a slot receiver, and not a particularly spectacular one either.

Bush plays the one position that a rookie can dominate. There is no learning curve needed at running back. Premier players at that position come in and dominate immediately, and if they don't, they bust. In fact, there are only two running backs drafted in the first-round in the last two decades to not average at least 4.0 ypc their rookie seasons and ever make a Pro Bowl. Emmitt Smith averaged 3.9 ypc. Garrison Hearst 3.5 ypc. Neither Smith or Hearst played on good offenses their rookie seasons. Bush on the other hand plays on the second-highest scoring offense in the league and he averages a pathetic 3.2 ypc. He's scored 4 TDs rushing the football in 13 games. 3 came in one game. He's doing better as a receiver, averaging 8.7 ypr, with a paltry 2 TDs, but there are at least 12 running backs averaging as much, or more, sometimes much more, including: Tomlinson, Portis, Westbrook, Buckhalter, Larry Johnson, Fred Taylor, and Ronnie Brown. Guys like Tiki Barber, Stephen Jackson, Kevin Jones and Joseph Addei have averages within .2 of Bush. And three other rookies, DeAngelo Williams, Laurence Maroney, and Maurice Drew have much better averages then Reggie Bush catching the ball. Not to mention rushing averages at least a yard a carry better then Bush. The Saints are winning because of Payton, Brees, Colston, McAllister and Horn, Bush barely registers. You know things were going bad for Bush when three weeks ago his head coach was reduced to complimenting his 50 mil. running back on his blocking. Bush has discoved that he can't make a living like he did in college running sweeps against Oregon State, and catching wheel routes against Stanford.

Back
Top Bottom