Virginia dismissed Linebacker Ahmad Brooks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Virginia dismissed Linebacker Ahmad Brooks

Puffboy(ricky)

MVP sextoy
Reaction score
[mod] Keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

projected 1st round LB may be in supplimental draft. Link included. This guy is fast and good player, would mind picking him up. I find this a great draft page too if you haven't been to it. He does a good job keeping it updated with recent roster moves almost every day.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

I would put up our 2nd rounder in the supplemental for him.

I dont know if I'd give a 2nd for him, but I'd be happy with Miami grabbing a high risk/high reward player in unsual circumstances like Brooks.

He can't go in the regular draft?

I would definitely put up a 2nd rounder for him next year.

you think it's just possible to get him with our 2nd round pick for 2007? isn't it possible to get him with the 3rd or 4th round pick? he would be a good lb for our 3-4 scheme, i think...

but would saban take a guy which have issues?

it said he balooned to 270 and is still dealin with the injurys, and was once thought to be a possible first rounder. he doesnt sound to healthy to me. i haven't seen him that much, is he pretty good or what guys?

16. Miami Dolphins...CB Antonio Cromartie (Florida State)...:dolphins:

The Dolphins blew up their secondary and now add another piece in their rebuilding process...Cromartie was heavily recruited by Saban while he was at LSU.

this sounds good to me...

draft cromartie, get brooks in the supplement draft and switch daniels to safety...

Montella said:
16. Miami Dolphins...CB Antonio Cromartie (Florida State)...:dolphins:

The Dolphins blew up their secondary and now add another piece in their rebuilding process...Cromartie was heavily recruited by Saban while he was at LSU.

this sounds good to me...

draft cromartie, get brooks in the supplement draft and switch daniels to safety...

intersesting idea

Montella said:
isn't it possible to get him with the 3rd or 4th round pick?
Probably not, he's a 1st round talent. The only reson I think we could have him in the 2nd is because of his past injury.

Montella said:
but would saban take a guy which have issues?

Sure, Saban has taken plenty of guys with issues before. In the draft last year we took Roth(barfights), Crowder(barfights again, injury history), and Wright(weight and maturity issues).

I think teams are hesitant to part with picks on the first day of the draft, particularly on players with injury and off the field problems. Brooks is too good a player to fall to the 5th, but
I think somebody will end up with a round 3 value in the supplemental draft.

As far as stats go, he had 117 tackles, 4 sacks, and 6 passes broken up as a *freshman*. I'm looking for his sophomore stats.

Jimmy James said:
I think teams are hesitant to part with picks on the first day of the draft, particularly on players with injury and off the field problems. Brooks is too good a player to fall to the 5th, but
I think somebody will end up with a round 3 value in the supplemental draft.

As far as stats go, he had 117 tackles, 4 sacks, and 6 passes broken up as a *freshman*. I'm looking for his sophomore stats.
thanks man
i didnt know he was THAT good

he def needs to lose weight though

stoody24 said:
thanks man
i didnt know he was THAT good

he def needs to lose weight though

If he can get down to about 250, he should be a force. Back when he was a sophomore and was a Butkus semifinalist, he played at that weight and drew comparisons to Ray Lewis (only taller and bigger).

Back
Top Bottom