'Virtually nothing' in the way of new CBA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Virtually nothing' in the way of new CBA

PATSSUCK

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the owners and players are not expected to meet again as the CBA negotiations wind down.
It's now all up to the lawyers. According to Breer, there is "virtually nothing" standing in the way of a deal, and an agreement in principle is likely to come early this week. That would enable the owners to take a vote on Thursday when they meet in Atlanta. Free agency could begin within the next 10 days.

:hclap::hump:

Future Nublar thread: "Virtually everything" In the way of new CBA.

:p just messing with you Nubs

In before Nubs says "it's not done yet". :lol:
It isn't done yet and this is old news, the two sides are indeed meeting again because the players side is making a last minute power play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...parently-are-making-a-last-minute-power-play/

I think a lot of you misunderstand my stance on all of this. I want a new CBA just as much as everyone, however there has been so much disappointment in the negotiations since March so until it is 100% done, I am not going to blindly believe a deal this week is guaranteed. Though, I really hope it does end so we can back to football and instead of you guys bashing me for being to negative I likely will be bashed for being to positive.

There is no deal blindly guaranteed but the players prefer to make more than 200,000 grand this season and so the posturing is "likely" over

It isn't over until the ink dries.
I am crossing my fingers that camp will open this week!!

It isn't done yet and this is old news, the two sides are indeed meeting again because the players side is making a last minute power play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...parently-are-making-a-last-minute-power-play/

I think a lot of you misunderstand my stance on all of this. I want a new CBA just as much as everyone, however there has been so much disappointment in the negotiations since March so until it is 100% done, I am not going to blindly believe a deal this week is guaranteed. Though, I really hope it does end so we can back to football and instead of you guys bashing me for being to negative I likely will be bashed for being to positive.
I'm just jokin with ya Nubs. You want the deal done just like everyone else, and I never bash you for being too positive. You actually have useful posts.

It will be nice when we don't have to worry about this again for another decade. I remain cautiously optimistic that it will be done by the end of the week.

anything can still happen but you have to admit all the major issues have been resolved and both sides are certainly talking like it's over

thumbnailaspxq1028991430253id9efebc327a0-1.jpg

With deference to tyler:

clear.gif

Perhaps one day this will change to:

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson might be standing in the way of a new deal.

Back
Top Bottom