Voice of the Fan: Calculating a position for the Dolphins first-round pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Voice of the Fan: Calculating a position for the Dolphins first-round pick

Look no further than Mike Pouncey who was a center drafted in Round 1.

Center is generally the leader of the Oline (or should be). They make all the calls and get the protection setup. They also work very closely with QBs and that dynamic is a big one. A great center can make a world of diffrence for a O Line. Again, I am not saying its the most important position to take, but an Elite center would be worth a first round pick, if the other positions I listed are not available.

I would basically make my draft board for round 1 based on that positional ranking I have.
\
Thanks for the explanation. I guess I thought the rankings were based on pay-grade for second contracts. I personally might place LT a full step above Center but I do agree with you for the most part

Yes, DT has become a big need. Can't count on Phillips as a starter.

You can certainly argue that Suh was the best player on the defense. The contract was horrible, but Suh produced with constant double-teams and was durable. That's a lot to replace.

Vea and Payne are more run stuffers, while Bryan is someone who can rush the passer. I think those are the top three.

Back
Top Bottom