Volek unhappy with Collins addition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volek unhappy with Collins addition

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans wanted to create competition by signing veteran quarterback Kerry Collins. They've already succeeded in stirring up the man who thought he would be the starter.

Collins practiced Tuesday for the first time since signing a one-year deal with the Titans on Monday. Billy Volek said that because Vince Young also needs more reps, the snaps Collins took came from Volek's share of the work.

"They brought Kerry in here to learn the offense, and he needs reps. They're going to take them from me," Volek said.

The six-year veteran was given the starting job when Steve McNair was traded away in June. Now Volek doesn't sound very happy at the prospect that he hasn't done enough to earn the job despite throwing for more yards in his first 10 NFL starts than any other quarterback since 1970.

"I guess they want a quarterback who's perfect in every throw and every read, and that's going to be hard to find," he said. "I guess they're unhappy with my production. It's hard when you're only getting a quarter a game.
"And when you get two quarters in a game last Saturday against Atlanta and throw for 140 yards and they're still disappointed in you. I don't quite understand it. Like I said, it's out of my control. Everyone knows I like to push the ball down the field. That's what I'm good at."

Volek is 24-of-38 for 266 yards with one interception this preseason. The one-time undrafted free agent has completed 312-of-517 for 3,505 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in his career.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/08/29/titans.volek.ap/index.html

I dont blame Volek. I mean he signed longterm with the Titans because they told he he'd get the job when McNair left. Now hes sharing reps with a guy no one in the league wanted even as a backup? Collins? Cmon, the Titans are becoming a laughing stock in the league. I mean get rid of McNair for this crap? Idiots.

Back
Top Bottom