Vol's Wr Meachem Has Good Pro Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vol's Wr Meachem Has Good Pro Day

dougfinsfan72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
PRO TIMING DAY OFFERS EX-VOLS CHANCE TO SHINE BEFORE NFL SCOUTS

Eighteen former Volunteers vying for spots in the April 28-29 NFL Draft displayed their wares
March 21, 2007
Tennessee staged its annual pro timing day Wednesday at the Neyland-Thompson Sports Center, allowing National Football League scouts the opportunity to see first-hand the skills of recent UT performers.
Eighteen former Volunteers vying for spots in the April 28-29 NFL Draft displayed their wares, participating in seven events under the watchful eyes of representatives from nearly every NFL team.
"They all competed," said Condredge Holloway, UT's assistant athletics director for player relations. "We didn't have any `I'm not going to do this or that.' Everybody was out there ready to go and I had a lot of positive comments from the scouts."

Holloway said players who maintained their draft value included wide receiver Robert Meachem, defensive tackle Justin Harrell and offensive tackle Arron Sears. Holloway added that although Turk McBride had a slightly twinged hamstring, the defensive lineman also worked well and had good reviews.

"I thought Robert Meachem really solidified some of the thoughts people had about his willingness to compete and really sold himself," Holloway said. "So did Justin Harrell, and Jonathan Wade ran a great time."
Meachem ran the fastest 40-yard dash time, a 4.41, with Wade (4.44), Jason Mitchell (4.55) and Bret Smith (4.56) close behind. Harrell had 31 repetitions on the bench press, trailing the 35 by Matt McGlothlin and just ahead of McBride's 30.

I think Meachem might be a possible trade down pick for the Dolphins. Just hope he's not a one year wonder. I usually prefer that we draft players who have excelled on the college level for 2-4 years. To me that is a good indicator of how well they will do on the PRO level.

6 days and counting until Dwayne Jarrett's PRO DAY (March 28)!!!! If he runs 4.50 or lower he should regain some of or most of his draft stock!!

Atlanta just screwed up the Dolphins plans (if any) to draft Landry. Almost all the mock drafts had Atlanta picking Landry after the Dolphins made their selection. Now they are in front of the Dolphins. Look like it's down to Levi Brown, Quinn/Russell (whoever falls), Ginn Jr, or possibly Staley(reach???), or the top rated cornerback (no other team before us are looking at CBs).

Meachem has speed sure but he needs to work on technique and some consistency. And he needs to bulk up a bit.

He's already 214 pounds. How big do you want him to get?

Another 6 pounds won't hurt and he'll need it to be a better complete WR because he's not even close to being a physical enough receiver to run those middle routes or take a lick from an NFL caliber safety and keep it going.

PRO TIMING DAY OFFERS EX-VOLS CHANCE TO SHINE BEFORE NFL SCOUTS

Eighteen former Volunteers vying for spots in the April 28-29 NFL Draft displayed their wares
March 21, 2007
Tennessee staged its annual pro timing day Wednesday at the Neyland-Thompson Sports Center, allowing National Football League scouts the opportunity to see first-hand the skills of recent UT performers.
Eighteen former Volunteers vying for spots in the April 28-29 NFL Draft displayed their wares, participating in seven events under the watchful eyes of representatives from nearly every NFL team.
"They all competed," said Condredge Holloway, UT's assistant athletics director for player relations. "We didn't have any `I'm not going to do this or that.' Everybody was out there ready to go and I had a lot of positive comments from the scouts."

Holloway said players who maintained their draft value included wide receiver Robert Meachem, defensive tackle Justin Harrell and offensive tackle Arron Sears. Holloway added that although Turk McBride had a slightly twinged hamstring, the defensive lineman also worked well and had good reviews.

"I thought Robert Meachem really solidified some of the thoughts people had about his willingness to compete and really sold himself," Holloway said. "So did Justin Harrell, and Jonathan Wade ran a great time."
Meachem ran the fastest 40-yard dash time, a 4.41, with Wade (4.44), Jason Mitchell (4.55) and Bret Smith (4.56) close behind. Harrell had 31 repetitions on the bench press, trailing the 35 by Matt McGlothlin and just ahead of McBride's 30.

I think Meachem might be a possible trade down pick for the Dolphins. Just hope he's not a one year wonder. I usually prefer that we draft players who have excelled on the college level for 2-4 years. To me that is a good indicator of how well they will do on the PRO level.

6 days and counting until Dwayne Jarrett's PRO DAY (March 28)!!!! If he runs 4.50 or lower he should regain some of or most of his draft stock!!

Atlanta just screwed up the Dolphins plans (if any) to draft Landry. Almost all the mock drafts had Atlanta picking Landry after the Dolphins made their selection. Now they are in front of the Dolphins. Look like it's down to Levi Brown, Quinn/Russell (whoever falls), Ginn Jr, or possibly Staley(reach???), or the top rated cornerback (no other team before us are looking at CBs).
i would rather trade up for johnson or use the draft picks for jarret or steve smith

Back
Top Bottom