Vonnie Holliday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vonnie Holliday

N

NJFinFury2004

I want everyone to keep a close eye on him this season. We lost Jay Williams and signed Holliday. That's what I think about with him. And that is a DEFINITE UPGRADE.

I know he has never had double digit sacks.. I know all of this. But he was signed by KC to be the "MAN" and couldn't get that done. I have Direct TV and would watch the Packers play to see him, because if you guys remember, we were suppossed to draft him.

This is a BELLICHECK type of signing. An EXPERIENCED player who can contribute. Lets not forget he is only 29 and coming of an injury plagued season. Holliday on this team? Will be have some big games! He is no longer EXPECTED to be the "MAN" he doesn't have any real pressure at all!!!

Holliday could very well have the same kind of IMPACT OGUN had playing opposite JT. Actually Holliday is the better ATHELTE. I know we will still employ a 4-3 and everyone is chatting up Matt Roth, but how about this
Holliday Chester Traylor Taylor

I like this for the 4-3. Holliday when healthy still had GOOD SPEED and is almost 300 lbs. He bats down quite a few balls every year.. I think he AVGS batting down 4 or 5 a season, because of his height.

All it takes is for him to get a piece of one in a big game that helps change the outcome. I don't even have Kevin Carter listed above, LOL!!!

I wonder is Saban on 3rd and longs will do things like this

Roth Holliday Carter Taylor

I really like the QUALITY and DEPTH we have on the D LINE.. Yes we need another RUN STUFFER without question.

I like your post a lot.

This is a BELLICHECK type of signing

But whats this all about?
Is there any possibility that we stop comparing Nick Saban with the Pats HC just because they worked together in the past. :)

I agree 100%... Our rotation is going to be very versatile with solid to say the least athlete's :evil:

If he can gain about 20 pounds or more he can be a good NT for us in the 3-4. I think that he will play great with the rotation system we are using.

Miamilove20 said:
I like your post a lot.

But whats this all about?
Is there any possibility that we stop comparing Nick Saban with the Pats HC just because they worked together in the past. :)

I can't agree more, enought with the Belichik Belichik that.

I thought that Jay Williams was pretty good for us. I think a lot of people started to dislike him when he made those comments about Saban but while he was here, he was an important part of the DL rotation. If Holliday can fill his shoes, than he'll be fine.

Good post, agreed. i like the idea of the roth-holliday-carter-jt front 4 a lot, my only question is whether Holiday has the stregnth to play inside.

The interesting thing about Holliday is that aside from Larry Chester, he might be the strongest player on the team.

This is why I think the team will shy away from Wright. They want STRONG players on the defensive line. To Saban, strength matters. Kevin Carter is really strong. Larry Chester is really strong. Keith Traylor is really strong. Matt Roth was chosen because he had abnormal strength at the DE position especially considering his size.

David Bowens and Jason Taylor are probably our weakest DL, and that is fine because both are going to play hybrid DE/OLB positions where they move around the defensive line to different positions and go from three-point stances, to four-point stances (a JT specialty), to standing positions as linebackers.

I think we need one more player, and I'm keeping a close eye on the Grady Jackson situation.

ckparrothead said:
The interesting thing about Holliday is that aside from Larry Chester, he might be the strongest player on the team.

This is why I think the team will shy away from Wright. They want STRONG players on the defensive line. To Saban, strength matters. Kevin Carter is really strong. Larry Chester is really strong. Keith Traylor is really strong. Matt Roth was chosen because he had abnormal strength at the DE position especially considering his size.

David Bowens and Jason Taylor are probably our weakest DL, and that is fine because both are going to play hybrid DE/OLB positions where they move around the defensive line to different positions and go from three-point stances, to four-point stances (a JT specialty), to standing positions as linebackers.

I think we need one more player, and I'm keeping a close eye on the Grady Jackson situation.

What's the latest on Grady Jackson anyway, I thought he might not be available now..I had hope we might take a look.

MDFINFAN said:
What's the latest on Grady Jackson anyway, I thought he might not be available now..I had hope we might take a look.

The latest is that because he took a $65k advance on his 2005 salary a little while ago, his contracted salary for 2005 can't even be changed. But, Drew and Grady probably already know this. This doesn't preclude Drew from demanding a contact extension that calls for a signing bonus and the same salary for 2005, and higher ones in 2006 + 2007. It is also possible that he could pay back the $65k to get a new salary in 2005. My position is that its all a ploy to get the Packers to negotiate his release, and Grady giving back the $65k, so that he can sign a multi-year deal with a team desperate for his services, such as Miami. The interest in Manuel Wright is showing that the market is thin at DT and there are teams that need one.

Jackson is about 32 years old I believe. He originally played for Oakland, did really well there, got recruited by Randy Mueller to New Orleans on a one year contract I believe, before Mueller was fired and Jackson bolted to Green Bay where he's played the last two years I believe. He's 6'2" about 340 pounds, strong, and in the past he's shown himself capable of collapsing the pocket and getting sacks, but now he probably does not have that ability anymore and IMO could be a good nose tackle.

Back
Top Bottom