Vonta resigns with Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vonta resigns with Ravens

too much coin. lets see if FB is a liability this year and if it is, draft one next year. I heard we are going to use a TE as a FB. When we run 2 TE sets, I wouldn't mind seeing Simms blocking or catching passes out of the FB position occasionally.

too much coin. lets see if FB is a liability this year and if it is, draft one next year. I heard we are going to use a TE as a FB. When we run 2 TE sets, I wouldn't mind seeing Simms blocking or catching passes out of the FB position occasionally.

"However, Leach left the Dolphins facility without being offered a contract and he received only tepid interest elsewhere."

I doubt it was too much coin, as the whole reason Baltimore cut him was that he wouldn't restructure at the time. The fact that the Dolphins, and apparently every other team, neglected to offer him a contract tells me that Baltimore re-signed him for whatever the amount was that they wanted to pay him in the first place. For whatever reason, the FO here just didn't want him, IIRC I think Ireland (or somebody else) said that they wanted to thoroughly evaluate the guys we currently have before offering a contract to somebody else which is a polite way of them saying "thanks for trying out, but we're gonna go in a different direction"

not a big deal and we already have Lane and Evan Rodriguez until he gets arrested for third time this year

Back
Top Bottom