Vontae davis is better than Revis | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae davis is better than Revis

Revis is great no question. However I would like to see what he would do now on a team that doesn't generate so much pressure. He generally only has to defend his man for 2 seconds. I think he would still probably be the best, but I do think that some of the numbers WR put up on him last year were also deflated by QBs running for their lives.

Revis is great no question. However I would like to see what he would do now on a team that doesn't generate so much pressure. He generally only has to defend his man for 2 seconds. I think he would still probably be the best, but I do think that some of the numbers WR put up on him last year were also deflated by QBs running for their lives.

We don't have a great pass rush which is why we always have to blitz which leaves our corners in bad situations and w/ that he had the best season a corner has had probabyl in my lifetime as far as shutting down the agms top WRs.

as far as this sunday is concerned, Vontae is definitely the better corner! Who would you rather have on your team this sunday; the guy who is gonna play or the guy who is out because of an injury he incurred by not conditioning with his team because he was sitting out for a contract renegotiation? I'd be as helpful for any team as Revis will be this weekend.

Maybe be if Revis had practiced instead of holding out he would of been if football shape and able to play on Sunday.

We don't have a great pass rush which is why we always have to blitz which leaves our corners in bad situations and w/ that he had the best season a corner has had probabyl in my lifetime as far as shutting down the agms top WRs.

My point is he does not have to defend for very long. He does a very good job, but most times the receiver doesn't have time to do much other than run a simple route because of pressure on the QB. I still think he would be the best, but if you give these elite receivers more than 3 seconds I bet they catch a few more balls on Revis.

My point is he does not have to defend for very long. He does a very good job, but most times the receiver doesn't have time to do much other than run a simple route because of pressure on the QB. I still think he would be the best, but if you give these elite receivers more than 3 seconds I bet they catch a few more balls on Revis.

I understood the point and it's a good point just not for this case since our blitz does get picked up alot giving the QB more time than usual w/o as many DBs to help out. Revis might be the best player I have ever seen in a Jets uniform or at least had the best season I have ever seen- he'll need to keep it up to be the best Jet and maybe a HOFer.

I watched Revis stick with Derrick Mason on a double move. He was on him like glue. I get the point you're trying to make, but the Jets generally only go with the all out exotic blitzes on 3rd and 6 or more. Very rarely do you see his man get any sort of seperation on him. He downright embarrassed Ocho last year.

Not having Revis was a blessing in disguise. Brady thought he's got a hell of a matchup with Cromartie. He threw two picks when targeting Cro and had ZERO pick. I hope Henne is smarter than Brady (I doubt it).

Back
Top Bottom