Vontae davis is better than Revis | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae davis is better than Revis

I don't believe Vontae is near as effective as Revis presently but: a)he's probably further ahead of him going into their respective 2nd years, and, b)what Vontae may concede to Revis in coverage, the punishment he inflicts will linger longer in the WRs head. Long term with experience, IMO there's a good chance Vontae even exceeds Revis overall, becoming an equal in coverage, and superior in run defense and certainly in physicality.

The only aspect of his game that I would say VD has reached Revis' level is tackling. He is nowhere near the cover corner that Revis is nor does he have Revis' ubelievable awareness. There's no saying Davis can't be better then Revis one day, but to say he is today is a joke. No way, no how.

I don't think this is a silly post whatsoever. Statistically speaking, Vontae did have a better rookie year while starting in less games. Revis has been in the league for four years & this will be Vontae's second. So obviously saying Vontae is better right now is a very premature remark, BUT he has all the makings of a All Pro CB. The one thing i can say for sure is that there is no way Revis is a better tackler.

In my opinion, the Best CB in the NFL is Nnamdi Asomugha

can this thread end, its embarrassing, vontae is not better. thats not something to complain about at all, hes a fantastic corner but Revis has him beat. to say vontae has better playmaking ability is a pretty big stretch. for instance check out this return by revis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCSrwKrhbIQ

vontae has the potential to be better but as of right now he is clearly not.

Revis is a tool. His head blew up after last season. Lol at a cb wanting qb money.

Did yall see Moss snatch that TD with ONE hand over "the best defender in football?" lol then he limped off. But im sure theres some excuse as to why he got torched. Vontae Davis is a beast, and he proved that today. He didnt get torched for any TDs one handed. Did Revis outjump Moss for a touchdown his rookie year and pick him off twice?

Revis had a hamstring even before the game. The announcers had announced it at the beginning of the game. He was playing at around 80%. Big deal. Revis doesn't need to shut down Moss to prove a point. He has proven his talent. Vontae picked Favre on a bad throw, and a lucky tipped pass - tipped by the WR.

Oh, n no one has ever picked off Moss...twice.

I don't think this is a silly post whatsoever. Statistically speaking, Vontae did have a better rookie year while starting in less games. Revis has been in the league for four years & this will be Vontae's second. So obviously saying Vontae is better right now is a very premature remark, BUT he has all the makings of a All Pro CB. The one thing i can say for sure is that there is no way Revis is a better tackler.

In my opinion, the Best CB in the NFL is Nnamdi Asomugha

True, but stats don't mean much with CBs. Cuz if they did, Nnamdi allowed a near 100 QB rating when he was targeted. Food for thought, Lowery had a rather similar rookie year with Vontae. Vontae had 4 picks, Lowery had 5 forced fumbles. Besides those stats, they are rather similar. But no one is claiming Lowery to be the best. Stats are not the best indicator.

Let's not get carried away here...

Revis is the best corner in football. He can shut you down and he is a very good tackler. Vontae is good, but he has a lot to work on to be a true shut down corner.

I don't believe Vontae is near as effective as Revis presently but: a)he's probably further ahead of him going into their respective 2nd years, and, b)what Vontae may concede to Revis in coverage, the punishment he inflicts will linger longer in the WRs head. Long term with experience, IMO there's a good chance Vontae even exceeds Revis overall, becoming an equal in coverage, and superior in run defense and certainly in physicality.

I thought u were smarter than that. CBs primary job is to cover. Tackling becomes secondary. And no, Vontae will not be better than Revis. Maybe when Revis is 36 and Vontae turns 33. But before that, I just don't see it happening. Just like how Vontae is young, Revis is 25 himself and a mountain of primetime ahead of him.

Let's not get carried away here...

Revis is the best corner in football. He can shut you down and he is a very good tackler. Vontae is good, but he has a lot to work on to be a true shut down corner.

This is a sensible post without any homerism in it. So I'll agree that Vontae is pretty good, just not 'Revis good'.

Revis is a tool. His head blew up after last season. Lol at a cb wanting qb money.

Did yall see Moss snatch that TD with ONE hand over "the best defender in football?" lol then he limped off. But im sure theres some excuse as to why he got torched.

Revis had a hamstring even before the game. The announcers had announced it at the beginning of the game. He was playing at around 80%. Big deal. Revis doesn't need to shut down Moss to prove a point. He has proven his talent. Vontae picked Favre on a bad throw, and a lucky tipped pass - tipped by the WR.

Ah, there it is.

Revis had a hamstring even before the game

I think he had 2.

Vontae has....twice....his rookie year

btw, Im not saying Vontae is better than Revis. But like I already stated, I would rather have Vontae on my team due to Revis' character issues.

^Revis has character issues? When? Asking for more money than $1mil is not considered character issues.

IMO Vontae is his equal in run support and tackling but not yet in coverage. Although close, Vontae takes a back seat as the complete package to Revis. But that is not a knock on Vontae. I'd have to put him ahead of Aso who is no slouch. This being only his second season, I think it is likely he will be as good as Revis if not better in the future. Hard to believe he fell to the Fins at #25.

Back
Top Bottom