vontaze burfict suspended entire season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

vontaze burfict suspended entire season

Crump

Tua Titleist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

wow i just saw this bullshit hit. i know there is talk about the league getting soft, but doyle had his knee on the ground, this was none other than an attempt to do major injury to another player. I'm sure it'll be appealed but with his history i doubt they over turn it. Browns gone, Burficts done for the season, i wonder what Cogs is going to do to completely the trifecti of we were waiting on this to explode acquisitions of the Raiders offseason. but anyways big hits are to be expected but its not the 70's anymore, you cant go head hunting.

that hit is illegal even 10 years ago IMO...

Remember "spearing" ?

The kid also sealed his fate the way he exited the field...

He should be banned for life. He just doesn't get it. I say this as a card carrying union member. This is the bad of a union, by federalaw a union is required to aggressively defend all members. There is always a bad apple, which is precisely why I got out of working for the union. I did not like defending people that should be fired. At some point the NFLPA is going to have to look out for the other 1800 members and not 1 member that is hell bent on seriously injury the membership.

NFL finds another illegal hit by Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict

The NFL has informed Oakland Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict that he hit another defenseless Indianapolis Colts player in last Sunday's game, agent Lamont Smith told ESPN's Josina Anderson.
Smith said Burfict was notified by letter Thursday about the unflagged hit, three days after the league suspended him for the rest of the season for repeated violations of unnecessary roughness rules.
Burfict hit Colts running back Nyheim Hines in the head away from a play -- a scramble by quarterback Jacoby Brissett -- early in the second quarter.

Dude is as dirty as they come. Glad he's out for the season, and most players probably would feel safer if he was out of the league for life.

One of my buddies was saying how it was dumb he was suspended all year.... uhhh what.... this is like his 15th offense

Really he adds suspended or not, he will play as he likes to do that. He has played he says since he was born there.

Back
Top Bottom