Vonte still a big loss. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vonte still a big loss.

Great win i loved it but I do fear a good quarterback will have a field day with the secondary we presently have. They are leaving receivers too wide open. Hope Philbin has a plan.

After seeing some of Vontae's play during the first 2 games this year, that trade is looking like a steal right about now.

Well according to stats and the "experts" Vontae is doing terrible. Ranked 93rd CB this season 2 games in.

After seeing some of Vontae's play during the first 2 games this year, that trade is looking like a steal right about now.
honestly, I thought for sure the trade would wake him up and push him. It looks to be having the opposite effect and possibly has killed his drive to excel. confidence shattering.

I think Vontae is still a big loss. Was he an elite CB? No. But he was the best CB on our roster once he got into game shape. Brett Favre once said "That #21 is going to be something special in this league". So the talent is there, its just the lack of motivation.

Carson Palmer threw for 300 yards. You can attribute some of that to the lack of pass rush from our team, but what's worry some is the Raiders are a mirror image to us when it comes to WRs. They have no WRs. That tells me that the second and third tier WRs were able to get open enough to help Palmer reach 300 yards.

I would have kept Vontae around for this year and see what happens, then if I see no difference, trade him in the offseason with a backup plan to replace him.

Good pass rush helps corners and good corners help a pass rush. They work in tandem. Right now, our pass rush has been non-existent. Hopefully it will come around this weekend and take some pressure off the secondary.

I think Vontae is still a big loss. Was he an elite CB? No. But he was the best CB on our roster once he got into game shape. Brett Favre once said "That #21 is going to be something special in this league". So the talent is there, its just the lack of motivation.

Carson Palmer threw for 300 yards. You can attribute some of that to the lack of pass rush from our team, but what's worry some is the Raiders are a mirror image to us when it comes to WRs. They have no WRs. That tells me that the second and third tier WRs were able to get open enough to help Palmer reach 300 yards.

I would have kept Vontae around for this year and see what happens, then if I see no difference, trade him in the offseason with a backup plan to replace him.

That lack of motivation is why he isnt good this year and why wont acheive his potential. All I hear is about Vontae is how he could be great, but nobody is saying he is great.

@PFF_Neil: So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts, CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

@PFF_Neil: So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts, CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

wow...i just don't get how that kid could fall off the table like that...the guy pretty much playing at a pro bowl worthy level the 2nd half of last season...

wow...i just don't get how that kid could fall off the table like that...the guy pretty much playing at a pro bowl worthy level the 2nd half of last season...

Admit it hooshoops, we sold high on VD. looking like a very good trade.

Admit it hooshoops, we sold high on VD. looking like a very good trade.

right now it does...but we are one injury at cb away from being in big time trouble as it stands...helps that sean smith is playing the quick inside breaking routes much better this year...looks like his technique is a lot better...glad i'm not making the decision about his next contract...be some sleepless nights i know that

Back
Top Bottom