Vonte still a big loss. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vonte still a big loss.

2 games is far too early to say. we def didn't replace him and are still ridiculously thin at corner. I would've kept him or at least signed somebody to alleviate the void it created. I'm not that huge on marshall as our #2 corner

right now it does...but we are one injury at cb away from being in big time trouble as it stands...helps that sean smith is playing the quick inside breaking routes much better this year...looks like his technique is a lot better...glad i'm not making the decision about his next contract...be some sleepless nights i know that

Yes, Richard Marshall being hurt made us thin. We are rolling the dice.

richard marshalls not very good...at least from what i've seen...best thing he does is bring physical play to the position and tackle pretty well...not a fan as a starting cb...lacks awareness for the ball doesn't get his head around and find the ball in vertical coverage...not seeing much in zone either...tools not suited for the boundary imo...we could do worse though i guess...

it's too bad we don't have the depth at cb to move marshall to free safety and give him a try instead of running out there with chris clemons every week...can't stand that guy at free safety

I read on Twitter that Vontae has allowed a perfect QB rating against him 10/11 on passes with two tds. Ouch

Link
Neil Hornsby@PFF_Neil So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts, CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

Adam Beasley@AdamHBeasley Last @pff factoid: There are 96 corners that have played at least 25 percent of their team's snaps. Vontae Davis is currently ranked 93rd.

Just to expand on above posts, apparently against the Bears he sucked but against the Vikings they went 4/4 but for only 39 yards.

Does anyone honestly believe it's fair to judge a corner thrown in as a starter in a new scheme, on a new team having missed that team's entire preseason and TC on an extremely limited sample size (11 ****ing passes)? C'mon.

Does anyone honestly believe it's fair to judge a corner thrown in as a starter in a new scheme, on a new team having missed that team's entire preseason and TC on an extremely limited sample size (11 ****ing passes)? C'mon.

In terms of sample size it's no less fair than our judgment of Legadu Nanee, don't you think?

In terms of sample size it's no less fair than our judgment of Legadu Nanee, don't you think?
If we take it out of context. Naanee has never shown much in this league and he's not young. His **** awful performance has been pretty much what you expect. On top of which he doesn't have the excuse of not knowing the system or experiencing the preseason. Vontae is still young, has shown to be much better in the past and is playing in a system he's had no time to learn.

Back
Top Bottom